Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When there has been something wrong at work have you said something? One time there was something wrong and I went into the office and said something; the next day I did not go in ( because I had said something and felt so uncomfortable). At the moment things are wrong at work. I had to say something yesterday about something and today I find myself just saying out loud to myself sometimes "I wanna quit, I wanna quit" as I feel uncomfortable and that feeling has nowhere to go.

So do you say something at work when things are wrong or just pretend it doesn't matter? If saying something causes you distress/ unease and you feel like you cannot face people after it is it worth it? Not saying anything can result in passive aggressivenes, aggression etc

I probably won't reply to anyone if they choose to reply to this. I don't like posting where just anyone can read what I've written which is why I am vague /not giving exact details of what are the problems but I don't have anyone to tell that will get where I am coming from.

Registered
I have said something when things are wrong but I continued to go in afterwards because I had nothing to feel ashamed about, neither did I think I had done anything wrong. In fact, a few other members of staff had felt the same way I did but didn't want to raise it themselves. We had a team meeting and discussed things and actually things did improve for a while afterwards.

I think if no one raises any concerns, nothing will change. Sometimes you have to do something uncomfortable to see improvement in the situation. Of curse things can go the other way and get worse, so I guess it's a case of weighing up whether you think it's worth mentioning anything at all. 馃槙

experimental sincerity
Depends on what it is but I have raised issues at work before. It was hard, I felt the heat rising to my face, I'd regretted opening my mouth as soon as I said the words but I got through it. Afterwards I was happy about speaking out. But it's true that it's a risky game and you have to choose carefully how and to whom you communicate. Some things should only be said over e-mail so there is written evidence. For some things, other people have to be copied into the e-mail or the recipient will ignore the message and resent you. Sometimes if it's about a person being out of control, you have to assume that their manager is useless/covering for them and go over their head to their manager's manager or HR department.

Registered
Stuff goes wrong where I work all the time because the people in charge of making decisions don鈥檛 know what they鈥檙e taking about a third of the time.
Do I say anything about it though? No, very rarely will I say anything. I don鈥檛 care, I鈥檓 not going to go against the whole leadership team and try to coordinate amongst everyone to fix all this poorly designed ****. They want things to be like this? Whatever, who cares how poorly this place runs anyway?

Just a bit stitious
I used to at my past job鈥ut after years of all kinds of nonsense at that job, I no longer both. And atmy current job, my boss isn鈥檛 exactly鈥ow can I put this鈥n top of things or responsive so the few times I have tried to point things out (they were not major things but they weren鈥檛 minor either and they do affect the workflow), she doesn鈥檛 reallydo anything other than send an email or respond by saying 鈥渟he will look into it鈥.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts