Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like saying bad stuff about me. Especially if they're whispering to each other and then start laughing or something. I mean, they're probably not really talking about me but I always get the thought that they are, from being so used to people saying mean things about me.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
Yes it really weird to see people whispering...i always feel they are complaining about me..or my presence is annoying them

·
Registered
748 Posts
Like saying bad stuff about me. Especially if they're whispering to each other and then start laughing or something. I mean, they're probably not really talking about me but I always get the thought that they are, from being so used to people saying mean things about me.
This is a very common thought for people with anxiety/depression/low self esteem.

I used to think this all the time and still do to some extent - but it's mostly paranoid thoughts.
Try telling yourself that you aren't doing anything wrong so there is no need for people to think bad things about you.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I had a really weird experience with starting recently....
I got on the train and there were no seats, so I stood and had to face all the people seated so there was nowhere else to look. I glanced up and noticed a girl looking at me, about 12 years old. Saw her whisper to her mother, point at me, and then they both looked at me. After that , the mother kept looking back at me. Occasionally they would both look back at me. A man was sitting opposite them they were talking to in German, so I couldn't understand anything. They stopped for a while, and I thought they were bored of me lol - then suddenly I looked up and ALL THREE of these people were looking right at me. I stared right into the eyes of the man for a good few seconds trying to work out his expression. It was blank as far as I can tell. I had a flash through my mind that they might be a family of cannibals plotting to follow me and kidnap me. If they had been all men, or young attractive people I would have been dead paranoid and probably got off the train. I think because it was a family it just seemed weird and funny.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had a flash through my mind that they might be a family of cannibals plotting to follow me and kidnap me.
I have such ideas all the time. I know they're crazy, but I keep having thoughts like that. Once I was thinking someone who was a bit nice to me was sent by the government to get me... xD

To Op: I think we all know that. I just force myself to activly think, they're not laughing about me, but about something else. I mean, we all know they're not actually laughing about us, but we keep getting a feeling as if, so I just keep thinking: "They don't laugh about me, They don't laugh about me..."

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah me too. But I stopped carrying about that stuff a loooong time ago. Because usually when I have a feeling someone is talking about me are usually dumb disco girls. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
i feel like im losing my mind. Its started six months or so ago, ive always been outgoing and confident, and then i went threw some stuff and when i came out the other side, i relized every time i go out in crowds i feel like people are staring at me and whispering about me. My pulse races, my thoughts start going in two difrent directions One train of thought tells me to check myself make sure theirs nothing wrong with my appereance, the other train of thought tells me i'm over reacting, its probably nothing, maybe all in my head. But the thought that its all in my head scares me and perpetuates the feeling until im drowning in my own pulse. THis is my frist time reaching out i guess, and i have no solution. I've done hypnosis and postive montras, but i avoid going in public settings like the plague unless drunk, when i drink i dont have those thoughts, or if i do their so far off it doesnt bug me. I just recently told my husband and it was so hard to try and explain that his confident fun loving wife was scared of strangers because im having hallucinations. Help please

1 - 9 of 9 Posts