Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
I don't notice Gwynevere's threads that much but she seems ok really. Though her thread count is rather astounding.

Any thread has the potential for veering into dangerous territory. Some are gong to be more likely to do so just due to the topic. Threads about abortion, or anything that pits men against women are going to go south quickly. It should not come as a surprise that a controversial subject results in getting locked or removed. People will not discuss controversial things calmly and rationally. They are controversial because people are passionate/opinionated about them.

Something else that people fail to realize, is that a thread does not belong to the person who started it. Once the thread is started and replied to, it belongs to the board. If you were to stand up in a crowded room and voice your opinion about a particular group of people, people would respond. You would not be able to take back what you originally said. The discussion will continue with or without you. Here on a forum, you can edit what you originally said but someone will have already read and responded to your original statement.
Yes, even seemingly innocuous threads can occasionally get heated for some reason. One of mine just did that on a (nice) non-SA forum.

I am free to post to any thread I want. It was her decision to expose herself this way. If she doesn't want people to tell their honest opinions(plenty of others, not just me, did the same, cause she asked precisely for that), she should stop making threads. After all, it is hard these days to find many threads that aren't hers. No other member has the right to tell me, or anyone else, in here, what to do, what or how to say, as long as there is no cursing or some other serious issues. If you think that was rude, you don't know what rude is.

Don't reply to me, because I will provide no more explanations. You are free to have your own subjective opinion and like whoever you want. I am perfectly fine with it, but I owe you no explanations.
Yes vlad stop it, you don't want to get banned.

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
OP, I'd like to know how you think up topics to post? Do you ponder topics often or are they just floating around in your mind? I post a fair amount of threads but there are many times where I don't or can't really think of a good topic to post.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
OP, I'd like to know how you think up topics to post? Do you ponder topics often or are they just floating around in your mind? I post a fair amount of threads but there are many times where I don't or can't really think of a good topic to post.
I don't ever try think up things to post. I don't really understand how other people don't post as much as me. If I wasn't embarrassed by how much I post I'd be making waaay more.

There's just so many things I think about during the day, so many questions I have.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
You don't have to explicitly say something for it to be obvious. For example: A man believes that women are only good for sex and cooking and that only men should be working because they're better at it. (there's lots of them) It's pretty clear he's a misogynist even though he never clearly says "women are evil". Hell, one of your ideas was to reduce testosterone levels in newborn babies. What more evidence do you need of your distaste for men?

PS - Putting a disclaimer before stating offensive doesn't excuse you from said thing.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
No more, please. This is too many conflicts for a Sunday.

Conflicts
If you have any issue or problem with material posted in this forum, or with the behavior of another community member, please make a report or email or PM the staff for a confidential discussion of the issue. Inciting (such as through baiting) or engaging in conflict (e.g. fighting or quarrelling beyond a civil exchange; publically calling out/discussing another member) is not permitted.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.