Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make a lot of threads. A lot.

I think I'm a good thread creator.
-I don't make pointless threads, I make threads about questions I have, or fun things I wanted share, or interesting things I want to spark a debate on
-And I'm involved in my threads, I don't make them and abandon them, in most of my threads I'm the highest poster
-I always post in my best guess at the right forum for it and if I mess up I ask a mod to move it asap
-My threads aren't even controversial

But, I'm starting to feel really guilty about making so many threads. Pretty much anytime you click on Coping, Frustration, General Discussion, S&C, Relationships, or 18+(even this Board Feedback section!), at least 3 of my threads will be on page 1.

I want to know if it's getting annoying to the members here that I make so many. Several people make negative comments in my threads often about how many I make. And also, does this frequency break any rules?

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
Well, I think a thread about abortion is controversial. My thread on the same subject has the greatest number of views and replies in its forum. Unfortunately, then a moderator completely unjustifiably decided to close it.

If you are acting in good faith, then I do not think you need to worry.

·
자신을 사랑 해
1,420 Posts
I think you're fine. I quite enjoy your threads. And if others don't like them, they don't have to read them.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you're fine. I quite enjoy your threads. And if others don't like them, they don't have to read them.
Thanks. A lot of people like my threads, but what I'm worried about is people getting tired of seeing my name all the time. I can't imagine what the 'new posts' search looks like during the times that I'm on.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
It doesn't bother me unless they're debate threads on a gender-related topic - it bothers me if anyone creates those kinds of threads.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't bother me unless they're debate threads on a gender-related topic - it bothers me if anyone creates those kinds of threads.
Are you referring just to the "gender war" threads, or any debate thread that has a gender issue as the topic, like my recent one about the professor offering extra credit for not shaving legs? If you mean any gender topic, why? And why just gender, what about race or political topics?

·
SAS Member
1,197 Posts
They're a fine read. I wish to make threads but everytime I have an idea for one I forget what it was later.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
A lot of the threads created on this forum are really very similar. I think the posters who create a lot of threads tend to also be focusing them on topics that are either less common or more specific than the typical thread here, which enables a little more variety in the conversations. It might be good to have another prolific thread starter or two, but I can't see how it would be good to have one less.

Basically I like a lot of your threads because they're often topics that weren't just going to get made anyway.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
Are you referring just to the "gender war" threads, or any debate thread that has a gender issue as the topic, like my recent one about the professor offering extra credit for not shaving legs? If you mean any gender topic, why? And why just gender, what about race or political topics?
I'm talking about any debate thread with a gender issue as the topic. There is so much bias involved and they go nowhere except downhill. Kind of like gun threads. I also don't like most political threads because everyone believes that their own opinion is supreme, and a lot of people get condescending or use big words that they probably found on thesaurus.com to appear smarter than they are. Yawn.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
forum

1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.

2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.

3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
Any thread has the potential for veering into dangerous territory. Some are gong to be more likely to do so just due to the topic. Threads about abortion, or anything that pits men against women are going to go south quickly. It should not come as a surprise that a controversial subject results in getting locked or removed. People will not discuss controversial things calmly and rationally. They are controversial because people are passionate/opinionated about them.

Something else that people fail to realize, is that a thread does not belong to the person who started it. Once the thread is started and replied to, it belongs to the board. If you were to stand up in a crowded room and voice your opinion about a particular group of people, people would respond. You would not be able to take back what you originally said. The discussion will continue with or without you. Here on a forum, you can edit what you originally said but someone will have already read and responded to your original statement.

·
6,040 Posts
I think I'm a good thread creator.
Not subjective at all. :D

I don't make pointless threads
That's what you think...cause you are very subjective. All those threads you've made around the same topics, were pointless. Also, some were pretty irrelevant.

I make threads about questions I have
Just make sure you know when to stop, cause sometimes those questions are repeating themselves(as said above), which is proof of the fact you haven't really taken into account anything people, that have already replied to your previous threads, had to say. In that case, what's the point? Besides, others and I could also make many threads about different questions they/I have, but not all of them are meant to be asked. For example, I will not ask what toilet paper brand are people using, cause I soon have to take my place on the imperial throne.

fun things I wanted share
I am still waiting for those.

interesting things I want to spark a debate on
Just because you are calling them interesting, it doesn't mean that is always the right word to use. Sometimes they are interesting, but many times they are just controversial, cause they are full of all sort of outrageous, biased or absurd claims. So, instead of sparking a debate, you usually end up sparking a conflict that should have never happened in the first place.

in most of my threads I'm the highest poster
True. Not always a good thing though. Especially since it doesn't take you long to derail threads to the usual area of female chauvinism, even if you have started them in a somewhat neutral territory. The fact you are the highest poster in your own threads, also, tells me you are trying to gather as many replies and views as possible. Which is all about attention seeking, looking for validation and getting small self esteem boosts out of it. So, your motivation is selfish.

My threads aren't even controversial
Oh, but they usually are! You have managed to reduce the number of threads starting with a female chauvinist agenda(sometimes obvious from the title of the thread). I must say that is an improvement. Problem is, as more people are submitting their replies and you start to get more and more involved(to draw the needed attention to yourself), you tend to fall back to your usual controversial(to be read insulting) speech.

But, I'm starting to feel really guilty about making so many threads. Pretty much anytime you click on Coping, Frustration, General Discussion, S&C, Relationships, or 18+(even this Board Feedback section!), at least 3 of my threads will be on page 1.
For some reason, I am inclined to believe this is not an honest statement. I think, on the contrary, you are loving it. Just a guess.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
Not subjective at all. :D

That's what you think...cause you are very subjective. All those threads you've made around the same topics, were pointless. Also, some were pretty irrelevant.

Just make sure you know when to stop, cause sometimes those questions are repeating themselves(as said above), which is proof of the fact you haven't really taken into account anything people, that have already replied to your previous threads, had to say. In that case, what's the point? Besides, others and I could also make many threads about different questions they/I have, but not all of them are meant to be asked. For example, I will not ask what toilet paper brand are people using, cause I soon have to take my place on the imperial throne.

I am still waiting for those.

Just because you are calling them interesting, it doesn't mean that is always the right word to use. Sometimes they are interesting, but many times they are just controversial, cause they are full of all sort of outrageous, biased or absurd claims. So, instead of sparking a debate, you usually end up sparking a conflict that should have never happened in the first place.

True. Not always a good thing though. Especially since it doesn't take you long to derail threads to the usual area of female chauvinism, even if you have started them in a somewhat neutral territory. The fact you are the highest poster in your own threads, also, tells me you are trying to gather as many replies and views as possible. Which is all about attention seeking, looking for validation and getting small self esteem boosts out of it. So, your motivation is selfish.

Oh, but they usually are! You have managed to reduce the number of threads starting with a female chauvinist agenda(sometimes obvious from the title of the thread). I must say that is an improvement. Problem is, as more people are submitting their replies and you start to get more and more involved(to draw the needed attention to yourself), you tend to fall back to your usual controversial(to be read insulting) speech.

For some reason, I am inclined to believe this is not an honest statement. I think, on the contrary, you are loving it. Just a guess.
Why do you pick on Gwynevere so much? Most people on here seek attention, and at least she tries not to have her threads derailed.

·
6,040 Posts
Why do you pick on Gwynevere so much? Most people on here seek attention, and at least she tries not to have her threads derailed.
She asked for opinions, so I told her my opinion. About all the things she said in there. No nice lies, no bull****, just what I think. Will she read it or not, will she care or not, she can do as she pleases.

She has her threads derailed by herself most of the time. But, I gave her credit, above, that she seemed to have improved on certain aspects. I didn't claim she is the only attention seeker, but she stands out because of her numerous threads, posts, conflicts and hateful views on a few very specific subjects.

I actually have sympathy for what you are trying to do, be her lawyer and all. Cause I noticed you have done this for other people too, so I imagine you have a good heart deep down. As long as you don't go too far. But, if Gwyn feels I am unfair or too harsh, she can tell me herself what she has to say about it through PM. I don't bite.

I actually got a PM today from someone(a positive one related to a post I have made), mentioning that Gwyn is, in fact, a good girl. I told that person(probably one of her friends here): ''I simply greatly dislike her female chauvinist attitude(the way she keeps attacking/insulting men out of pretty much nothing and tries to promote all that as ''feminism'', which is not) and dislike some of her behavioural patterns. I do not hate her as a human being(as you seem to believe). I am sure, leaving those specified aside, she really may be an ok person. I do not argue that'', or something along the lines. That person can confirm this, although there is no need cause I do not lie and I am usually pretty open about anything.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:eek people are talking about me in PMs !!!!

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
I actually have sympathy for what you are trying to do, be her lawyer and all. Cause I noticed you have done this for other people too, so I imagine you have a good heart deep down. As long as you don't go too far. But, if Gwyn feels I am unfair or too harsh, she can tell me herself what she has to say about it through PM. I don't bite.
Excuse me? I'm nobody's "lawyer". If I see something that seems inappropriate, I will call the person out on it. If you have a problem with that, that's your problem, not mine.

·
6,040 Posts
Excuse me? I'm nobody's "lawyer". If I see something that seems inappropriate, I will call the person out on it. If you have a problem with that, that's your problem, not mine.
You know what I meant. Don't overreact. By the way, just because you think something is inappropriate, it doesn't necessarily mean, it actually is. Everyone is judging things differently. I am not having a problem, but you seem to, although I have replied you pretty nicely.

·
6,040 Posts
Please don't be condescending.
I tell you, jokingly, that what you did is like a lawyer, trying to defend other people. Then I make you a compliment. You overreact and make a big deal out of the word ''lawyer''. I simply tell you, you are making way more out of it than it really is, you go even further implying I am condescending. This makes no sense to me. Let's drop it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.