Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a female: later

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly how old were you when your SA started? Were you a pre-teen, a teenager, in your 20s, 30s or older? :)

It really kicked in when I started work, but probably began in my teens.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
5 or 6 years old

·
Registered
994 Posts
I always remember not feeling connected with anyone, from a very young age, I didn't know what to say as a child!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I was always a bit shy, but I think it really started to kick in about 10 or 11.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had anxiety and SA when I was a kid but I was able to manage it quite well and still be sociable with peeps no prob.... it really kicked in when I was 20 or so.... from my time in the U.S. Army. Being in the Army having everyone degrading you and telling you your worthless and you never do anything right (this is their way of instailling disipline...) doesn't do very well when your dealing with someone with an extremely nasty childhood.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I'm male (in case you didn't know) and I think my SA really kicked in around 13 when my mom started having problems due to mental illness. I completely withdrew for years because I was afraid to bring anyone home to meet my mom. From there, it's SA history.

·
Registered
533 Posts
...pretty sure I've always had it in me

...and watching my little sister grow up, I remember her being shy very early on

·
Registered
42 Posts
AS FAR BACK AS i CAN REMEMBER. WHEN I CHILD.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts