Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me it was as a teenager when my mother became separated from my father. We went to live in rented accomodation together. We didn't have much money and so stayed in a house without proper heating and insulation.

Eventually, we had to go back to my father's house for a while and my parents eventually 'reconciled'. My mother said the reason for that was because she was about to be broke and we would have ended up on the streets if that wasn't the case.

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
When I was stalked by a sadist. It destroyed my life and caused social anxiety. I didn't have social anxiety before at all.

·
alien monk
8,615 Posts
still haven't

i guess i would contrast a few days that i had an ear ache which was the worst pain i've ever experienced to my usual every day life. pain is painful, its a whole different world to this kind of "oh i wish i was this or that" or work is boring, i don't want to be around people etc type problems. "bla bla bla i deserve better"

i can handle basically anything, and i can handle it alone (until i die obviously). even if it is **** heaped upon ****. its still just first world **** though. i have so much guaranteed welfare the only way things can actually get bad is in my head, and i've been dealing with that for so long that i can kind of deal with that as well. i live in a heaven of first world guarantees coupled with lowered expectations. if you lower your expectations basically anyone can have heaven on earth, as long as you can escape actual pain and discomfort. you can just turn on your preferred distraction machine and blob away. although exercise makes me feel good also.

Reactions: harrison

·
Banned
150 Posts
Very early, with my parents who were not equipped to raise children. I truly don’t believe that age guarantees wisdom, experience, or maturity

·
Terminator
13,253 Posts
The day I was born. The world was never built for disabled people.

·
Permanently tired
1,957 Posts
Probably when my father stopped any and all financial support for me, after I failed my first year of college, and I had to hustle with a crappy fast food job to afford continuing it. Years later, my mother also moved out of the country to go care for my sickly grandparents, so I was left with pretty much no family around other than my brother and stepdad (Who probably won't help, should something happen that I lose my ability to pay my rent and/or bills while living alone).

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
I think it was about 3 weeks before my 11th birthday. I was rolling down the side of a mountain with my leg on fire wondering why the rolling action wasn't putting out the fire (when they said "stop drop and roll" they left out a few things). Anyway, I was about halfway down and this revelation of a thought just suddenly crystalized in my mind - "Dude! Life is REALLY hard!"

And that was before I finally decided the rolling action was not going to put out the fire so I stopped rolling and pressed my leg into the mud. Which suffocated the fire but it also pressed the hot denim of my jeans (which had just been on fire long enough to get blistering hot) right against the skin of my leg. I don' remember if I actually heard a sizzle of if the sizzle was in my mind but you get the point. The point is that I burned the everloving piss out of myself. It also taught me that lantern fuel is just as flammable when it isn't in a lantern as it is when it is and that if you spill lantern fuel on your clothes, striking a match is a really bad idea.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Life has always been hard for me but it wasn't until my early teens that I realized that life seemed to be harder for me than it was for some other people

·
Banned
150 Posts
And I think the first thing I learned was that no one will protect you, no one wants to step up and do the right thing

·
lagrimas negras
1,752 Posts
Very young. I don't remember ever thinking life was going to be easy and wonderful. Just watching the people around me made me realize that.

·
Failure's Art
2,323 Posts
Probably when I was very young, like 1st or 2nd grade. Not sure I can point to a specific event or anything because it was so long ago, I just remember my dad being upset at me and yelling at me a lot and feeling very threatened by that. I think that had an effect on me in school and I ended up feeling alienated from my classmates because of it but also due to my own introversion. So regardless of whether I was at home or at school I always felt alone and vulnerable. I just remember this vague sense that the world wasn't a safe place and I've kind of carried that with me ever since.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Probably when I got my first credit card and was too irresponsible to have one. I had letters posted threatening legal action which really scared me.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,021 Posts
I had a pretty cynical outlook from about the age of 11, but at the same time I don't really process things.

·
SUS Member
10,813 Posts
Idk. I guess when I realized everyone at my school hated me, I dropped out of school b/c of the bullying, and then my parents kicked me out for dropping out of school.

·
Song and action man
603 Posts
When I was I think 7th grade? Anyway one of my classmates grandmother died because she had an electronic blanket that caught on fire and killed her and then the house caught on fire as well and was partially destroyed. Because my classmates grandmother lived with her he had to stay in a hotel until the home got fixed.

He never really was my favorite kid then but yeah that felt horrible :cry:

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
I grew up poor(and I’m still poor), various evictions(finding new places to live & move into in a few days at times), various utilities cut off multiple times for extended periods, various car repossessions, bill collectors calling so often the rule was all calls go to voicemail first or if it’s important they will call back, surviving off eggs, toast, & porridge for extended periods, two brothers had cancer growing up, one passed away, absent father for extended periods, & so many other things too…my awareness of how hard life can get was probably there from age 5-7 honestly

·
Socializing with myself
5,066 Posts
When I experienced my teachers and classmates behavior in elementary school. I learned how hard life can get for me. What I mean is getting me left back twice to repeat the grade each year in limbo and teachers think the same way about me. I learned that people can prevent others from having a good life. I always questioned my parents when I was a child about why do people sleep on the the sidewalks or subways? Subconsciously, the program in the machines authorized my parents to not know how to explain why people live on the sidewalks or subways. The regular people just walked by people without homes as if they're pigeons. The regular people have a belief about the people without homes. The Supercomputers judge what is true for people to believe in terms of belief. The program automatically describes to citizens what situation they need to be in oppositely. Knowing this fact, the machines indeed dictates how people should live and where exactly.

Remember this, there's people out in the world, having a fake mentality about Jesus coming to save them one day or God is watching over them. It's all just a protocol to prevent people from knowing that Supercomputers governed the citizens. Beliefs needs to exist out in the world to cloud people from knowing who's governing them each day. The NSA programmers know the Supercomputers hides the citizen's mind from them. The mind the citizens have are computationlized by the Supercomputers based on how the program reads the DNA during sleep. The citizens wake up automatically with information to decide how to operate in their own environment. The people bodies are replenished by the machines, while my body looks extremely drained and sluggish. The Supercomputers does that to stop me from concentrating on thinking and writing, doesn't want me to linked up to my real mind. Extremely difficult for me to concentrate on writing essays, doing research papers and exams in college.

·
😒🤡
6,597 Posts
I think I always knew when I was like 14 years old but found out it's like 50 times harder when I got kicked out at 21 years old then learned way more than I ever knew about things in general. Found a lot of things can be super complex and a lot of things are just super damn hard to achieve. So you have to put in a lot more effort than I could have ever imagined. And some things you can try and try and it just doesn't happen. I legit think when I was 21 I had the mind of a 16 year old cause I wasn't that bright. Lol

But eh. I try not to think about stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts