Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were a few instances after which i felt guilty, and a low human being. Most are too personal to share, but one of them (the last one, around 8 years ago) can be described as such:

I accepted to meet a person who was bound on a wheelchair due to paralesis of the lower half of the body. She came along with a friend of hers, who took care of her.
Originally i thought she would look like everyone else, only be immobile from the waist down. This was not the case. Her legs were atrophic. This, for some reason, made me feel absolutely horrible (i have often examined why, but it is not for this thread).
Although i tried to act, i am sure she realized that i felt very uncomfortable. Later, when i left, i felt as if i was something criminal for feeling that way.

Years later i wrote a short story which was centered on something similar. It is published now. In the short story the narrator is originally of the view that a crippled girl others made fun of, is just another human being. But when meeting her he feels disgusted. In the end he pushes her along with the wheelchair down some stairway, possible injuring here in a horrible way.

I still feel quilty for what i felt during the real encounter with that person.

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
When I broke someone's heart :(

·
Registered
545 Posts
I haven't gone through much. I've had a boring and cushy life, but the thing that makes me feel most guilty is myself.

Yeah, I am human, I have negative emotions, but I feel completely horrible right afterwards. Anger, envy, whatever. I feel like a horrible person right afterwards and I guilt myself into even further isolation for days on end. It's not healthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts