Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was your worst and best memory in H.S for you? The best one for me was finding my first love and the worse was flunking my grade ..lol I was really hopeless in studies !

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
I doubt many people remember highschool fondly.

Worst is too personal to name.

Best, hm, probably getting asked by two girls to choose which one is better looking. I answered three times that they are both goodlooking/equally goodlooking etc. One of them, a year later, was horrible to me and i despise her for that.
I could have injured one back then, if i had named the other as better looking. But of course i was still the introverted saintly figure, so i just acted as i did...

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I actually liked high school. It was the only place I could socialize with people, back when I wanted to have friends. I didn't like graduation though because I was afraid of the future. That was in 1995. Man, time flies too quick :(

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Actually baseball was the only enjoyable part of high school.

The worst was eating lunch alone, or barely talking at all to the people I ate with, giving presentations, not talking to people, etc.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
Best: freshman year, when my marching band beat our rivals for the first time in 30 years.

Worst: tie between having the guy I liked (among other guys) constantly make fun of my looks and quitting a leadership position in band, causing the entire band to hate me for months.

i was a band geek...

·
ಠ_ಠ
496 Posts
Best: Going to Disney World with the marching band drumline. I was surprised that I ended up having fun.

Worst: Not going to prom because of no date, had to work, school forgot to issue me a school ID card so I couldn't go even if I wanted to.

·
Tell me more
1,782 Posts
Best: Class field trip to a beach town.
Worst: SA got a hold of me and I ended up crying in front of a large group of people. I had to run away and hide behind the school; was very depressing... :(

·
*sigh*
2,362 Posts
Best memory: some random girl coming up to me at lunchtime and drawing my face. I'm not sure what purpose it served so I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Worst memory: all the goddamn public speaking events, jesus christ man it's like a national sport or something. And I failed more or less all of them. Oh and eating my lunch alone, I ended up becoming self-conscious about that and stopped eating at lunchtime :|

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Best: freshman year, when my marching band beat our rivals for the first time in 30 years.

Worst: tie between having the guy I liked (among other guys) constantly make fun of my looks and quitting a leadership position in band, causing the entire band to hate me for months.

i was a band geek...
Same here - what instrument? :lol

Best: Going to Disney World with the marching band drumline. I was surprised that I ended up having fun.

Worst: Not going to prom because of no date, had to work, school forgot to issue me a school ID card so I couldn't go even if I wanted to.
I went ti DisneyWorld during my junior year - spring 1992 - for their 20th anniversary. We had a concert competition in Orlando at the very high school Delta Burke (Designing Women) attended. I also had the unfortunate task of being one of 11 people to have to take the ACT while the rest of the band went to the Disney MGM Studios.

Dr. Phillips High School - Turkey Lake Rd. Orlando, Florida
alma mater of Wayne Brady, Joey Fatone, Howie Dorough, and Johnny Damon.

Needless to say, most of us didn't do well. We took it again in June. I also caught strep throat while down there.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
Same here - what instrument? :lol

I went ti DisneyWorld during my junior year - spring 1992 - for their 20th anniversary. We had a concert competition in Orlando at the very high school Delta Burke (Designing Women) attended. I also had the unfortunate task of being one of 11 people to have to take the ACT while the rest of the band went to the Disney MGM Studios.

Dr. Phillips High School - Turkey Lake Rd. Orlando, Florida
alma mater of Wayne Brady, Joey Fatone, Howie Dorough, and Johnny Damon.

Needless to say, most of us didn't do well. We took it again in June. I also caught strep throat while down there.
I went to Disney World with the marching band freshman year and Disneyland with them junior year. Both trips were really fun. For some reason my band was full of Disney fanatics, lol. I knew two band families that would fly down there at least 3 times a year.

I played alto saxophone, what about you? :teeth

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I went to Disney World with the marching band freshman year and Disneyland with them junior year. Both trips were really fun. For some reason my band was full of Disney fanatics, lol. I knew two band families that would fly down there at least 3 times a year.

I played alto saxophone, what about you? :teeth
It depends. Clarinet freshman year, piccolo sophomore/junior years (marching band), flute senior year (it was more challenging to play Les Miserables music since it was all upper register for the flute - it would have been either cheating or dog whistle if I had played it high like it was not supposed to have been :lol)

I actually played for four years with my university pep band, too..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

i was a band geek...[/Q

well no one cares what they say now you look utterly gorgeouss!! :)

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
best: when i asked a girl to prom and she said yes and got really exited about it

worst: when she decided to make up a bf that wouldnt allow her to go with me three days later... I found out that the bf wasnt real from one of her friends when i broke the news to said friend of hers that she could go because of said imaginery bf... i wanted to ask her why she made him up and why she didnt want to go with mena d why she just didnt say no in the first place but i never worked up the nerve to actually ask

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

that sucks I feel you man .. well all the best memories are not necessarily to happen in high school ,do not be sad there is life after ^^

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually baseball was the only enjoyable part of high school.

The worst was eating lunch alone, or barely talking at all to the people I ate with, giving presentations, not talking to people, etc.
I hated giving presentations too,everytime i got up in front of class I would somehow manage to screw it up and make a laughing stock of myself ..anyways i feel you man ..i got over my anti socialness and started talking to people ,there was really no harm in talking ..if they didnt want to talk to me it was their loss

1 - 20 of 44 Posts