Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is definitely being late for me. i have a serious problem. i like to get ready right at the last minute and i just generally take a long time to get ready even though i try to be as fast as i can. i'm usually rushing to appointments and stressing myself out. i don't even consider the importance of being early in case of problems arising.

i think subconsciously it'll push me to leave otherwise if i have plenty of time i will focus on how i look and obsessed about my clothes whereas if i'm pressed for time then i don't care and will just leave. also i don't like waiting. i also think i get a rush out of it.

i really want to change. i hate disappointing people.

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
laziness/procrastination

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Reading half a book, going to the library and taking out another book. Of course I have ADD so that explains it. I get distracted while reading by the computer, the tv, noises outside etc; I also have trouble focusing my eyes. I keep staring at the cover reading the title of the book over and over, I read a line go back repeat said line because it's like I need to constantly remind myself that I read it. I've improved though. I've gotten alot better.

Sorry I ramble (Shut up Iron pain just shut up man)

·
jaynex10
1,529 Posts
This website. I also don't drink enough water.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Procrastination and avoidance issues. Ohh, and chewing on my lip and blasting music on my headphones when I feel guilty, sad, nervous etc.

·
jaynex10
1,529 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Reading half a book, going to the library and taking out another book. Of course I have ADD so that explains it. I get distracted while reading by the computer, the tv, noises outside etc; I also have trouble focusing my eyes. I keep staring at the cover reading the title of the book over and over, I read a line go back repeat said line because it's like I constantly remind myself that I read it.
EXACTLY MY PROBLEM AS WELL!

Reading only the first few chapters, trying to focus better on the print by moving it closer or further away and/or pushing my glasses higher up on my nose. I will re-read lines just to make sure I understood what I read.
Sometimes I won't understand a passage and want to call the author and demand to know what he meant.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
But my worst habit of all time. Is beating myself up over every mistake I make, every little error. That above all other things is my worst habit. Underestimating my value as a person. I have no backbone at least not a back bone that I will let anyone see, lest I drive away people and ruin people's lives.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
EXACTLY MY PROBLEM AS WELL!

Reading only the first few chapters, trying to focus better on the print by moving it closer or further away and/or pushing my glasses higher up on my nose. I will re-read lines just to make sure I understood what I read.
Sometimes I won't understand a passage and want to call the author and demand to know what he meant.
I wear glasses myself and I was never quite sure how to move my head my eyes. I finally figured out if I tilt my head slightly to the side I focus my eyes better. Only no matter how good I might be reading I will go back because it's like I have to constantly remind myself what just happened is it relevant.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Reading half a book, going to the library and taking out another book. Of course I have ADD so that explains it. I get distracted while reading by the computer, the tv, noises outside etc; I also have trouble focusing my eyes. I keep staring at the cover reading the title of the book over and over, I read a line go back repeat said line because it's like I need to constantly remind myself that I read it. I've improved though. I've gotten alot better.

Sorry I ramble (Shut up Iron pain just shut up man)
I have the same problem. Most of the time I reread sentences to make sure I understand every little word. Not sure if that makes sense.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.