Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say calcium good for you, well good for the bone's, but when ever i take calcium supplement's or drink milk i get chest pain's, constipation some times i even get trouble peeing from it! so i don't drink milk or take calcium supplement and i check my blood pressure even higher after taking calcium, and low when not...

Sound's like it could be clogging arteries or something calcification of arteries there even calcium channel blocker drug out there so that must mean something

·
Registered
545 Posts
I suggest you do a google search regarding the relationship between magnesium and calcium. You need to balance the two. Things like muscle cramps, migraines, muscle spasms etc can be linked to low levels of magnesium.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
^^^that.. when taking any supplement it can have an effect on other nutrient absorption so you should only take them after having blood work done and from a doctors recommendation.. just because it's OTC doesn't mean it's safe.. it's easy to think you're doing something right when taking supplements but in reality it can cause actual problems (been there) :/

·
indecisive piece of ****
634 Posts
Too much of anything is bad for you, even water, or carrots, or working out... excess does not mean more nutrients. Though everyone may react differently to levels of calcium, I think it's important enough to watch out your levels on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts