Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm now anxious over my profile and i just recently edit it. at first it was simplistic and then i had to change it and made it long, complicated and lame. all of a sudden i woke up this morning thinking about it and had to change it right away.

i don't know it if correlated but i got a decent amount of winks/messages with my initial profile but after i changed it i haven't been getting any except from the woman i was already corresponding with anyway. i don't think it does though, it's probably because i'm regularly on it that i've been getting noticed. i don't know why but i'm obsessing over it now. i just feel extremely lame.

·
3.14 rocks!
701 Posts
I am the same way too, obsessive. There are many facets to who I am and why.

An another note, if you like two complete opposite type people it is nearly impossible to write a profile that both would find interesting. Choosing A or B sucks noodles.

One way to think about it is keep a short profile and wade through a bunch of email crazyness or add personal details so that when people message you they know your are their type, so to speak. The only thing is with too much detail... one little word could put someone off. Online dating profiles is a mess and only should be written by people who have a solid grasp of who they are. If you feel like you don't know yourself I say keep writing and working on it, you will learn a bit. Oh, limit your the changes you make to once or twice a week, give your profile time to settle out of your eyes so you can have a fresh perspective later on.

Get others to tell you what they like / dislike. PM me if you like.

blah

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
I used to have one, and received replies despite it being very brief (and my looks are rather average, FYI). I did so because I found that sometimes the more someone wrote in his profile, the more I'd find to disagree with. I just let all the questions I answered do the matching. Anyway, I could tell if I wanted to talk to someone based on his or her stats in the upper right hand corner or on our compatibility percentage. Plus, I can spot an outgoing partier by his profile pic and get outta dodge post haste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts