Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
happy :)
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly my IQ is 95 but i doubt that very much because i have a low self esteem and poor confidence i took it at the free IQ test . net does anxiety decrease this score i wonder, sorry moderator about posting the link

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think so. Since developing SA, my confidence has hit an all time low, and I'm struggling with college work a lot more than I used to. I definitely don't feel as smart as I used to.

I'd tell you my IQ, but the test I just took told me to pay to get results.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
this is about as good as an IQ test you will find online (it's okay, though some limited data i saw indicated that standardized test scores are a much better indicator of official IQ scores than this test. still it is held in high regard compared to any of the other online tests). it's also one of the more fun ones that you will find - because it exclusively deals with novel shapes and patterns :).

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

==

okay i would say mine is 125-140
p=.05 :b.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that online IQ tests are rubbish.

I've taken a few online tests over the years and they generally hover around the 130 mark(highest was 132, lowest was 126), but I usually get impatient and frustrated 75% of the way through and start rushing/guessing the answers, which means I'm either an unlucky genius, or a fortunate idiot and I'd rather be the latter. Being mentally messed up makes it difficult to utilize genius, but if you're fortunate enough, you can always win the lottery.

I'd be more interested in finding out what my EQ(Emotional Quotient) is, but I haven't taken one of those yet, don't even know if there are any about?

·
Banned
228 Posts
this is about as good as an IQ test you will find online (it's okay, though some limited data i saw indicated that standardized test scores are a much better indicator of official IQ scores than this test. still it is held in high regard compared to any of the other online tests). it's also one of the more fun ones that you will find - because it exclusively deals with novel shapes and patterns :).

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

==

okay i would say mine is 125-140
p=.05 :b.
I got 118 on that test. Some of very last questions I had no clue.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
I got 118 on that test. Some of very last questions I had no clue.
i know the last ones seem impossible!

IQ (self-reported): 138.7 + 12.7 (130, 138, 145) [n = 382]
SAT (out of 1600): 1485.8 + 105.9 (1439, 1510, 1570) [n = 321]
SAT (out of 2400): 2319.5 + 1433.7 (2155, 2240, 2320)
ACT: 32.7 + 2.3 (31, 33, 34) [n = 207]
IQ (on iqtest.dk): 125.63 + 13.4 (118, 130, 133) [n = 378]
it seems to underestimate IQ compared to other measures.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I don't really want to know. I want to maintain the delusion that I'm smart.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I took one for psych evaluation. It took two days and sucked. My anxiety with the doctor was upmost and severe. He scared me, but said I tested 130. So i don't hate him that much.

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
Yeah I just ended rushing the end and not finishing it. I have concentration problems.

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
i got 115 yeah lol, im slightly smart :D... except i used enfeild's link cause my firewall blocked the one u gave us

·
Registered
536 Posts
I took an online test last week, but some of the patterns made me angry so I half-assed the second part and it came out 105.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I always get around 140, but does this mean I'm smarter than someone who scores lower than me? No, not at all. It just means that I 'get' some of the questions they ask on those tests (and have enough patience to endure a bunch of really stupid questions for half an hour or more XD), but a lot of people don't even see what the questions are looking for exactly. I don't think knowing what those ridiculous questions are getting at really has any practical application, other than scoring high on an IQ test and feeling spiffy about yourself for it. Also, online IQ tests are designed to give you a flattering score.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
I've not had an IQ test in years, but last time I scored a 159. Not that it matters; human intelligence is fluid and doesn't lend itself to metrication.

·
madly in love
2,433 Posts
can't put much stock in online IQ tests.
ive never been tested, but if i have taken the GRE which is supposedly correlated. that puts me at 147. but i think that's too high. i'm guessing i'm in the 130s.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts