Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What's your favourite main series Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Link's Awakening

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Ocarina of Time

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wind Waker

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• A Link Between Worlds

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't played many of the games, only Link's Awakening (ew) and Ocarina of Time. I don't enjoy Link's awakening at all. It's overrated, but I can appreciate how impressive it would have been in the 90s on a handheld console.

Ocarina of Time however, is amazing. I should be getting a Link between Worlds soon. I also want to play The Wind Waker. Oh and Twilight princess. I don't really fancy playing Skyward sword though.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Ocarina is my favorite game of all time.

·
God. Also bored
10,229 Posts
Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princes & Majoras mask are really close though.

·
Despite all my rage..
2,757 Posts
A Link To The Past!! One of my favorite all-time games.

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
Wind Waker. I've never played Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess, to be fair, which are supposedly the crowns of the Zelda franchise. I semi-recently played A Link Between Worlds, which had some pretty awesome new capabilities for gameplay and weaponry, but I still think Wind Waker beats it ten fold. Other Zelda games I've played are just alright to me. They're all generally pretty good, safe games. Well, with the exception of Phantom Hourglass....lol.

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wind Waker. I've never played Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess, to be fair, which are supposedly the crowns of the Zelda franchise. I semi-recently played A Link Between Worlds, which had some pretty awesome new capabilities for gameplay and weaponry, but I still think Wind Waker beats it ten fold. Other Zelda games I've played are just alright to me. They're all generally pretty good, safe games. Well, with the exception of Phantom Hourglass....lol.
Have you ever played Ocarina of Time?

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
OOT. It was my introduction to the Zelda series, still never got through A link to the past, despite attempting multiple times.

A link between worlds is pretty amazing though.

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
OoT closely followed by Links Awakening. The latter is so compact but at the same time so elegantly made and well thought out, but you're right maybe it is a bit of it's time OP.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Majora's Mask is far and away the most unique and innovative Zelda when it comes to setting, tone and story.

It's probably one of the few, true, adult, first party games from Nintendo. And I mean really adult not adult in the sense of boobs and gore.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,364 Posts
I've only played Phantom Hourglass.

Wait no, I played part of another in the design museum when I was about 14... I can't remember which one it was. Some girls came over to take the piss over how I was playing (because I didn't know what I was doing, and it wasn't from the beginning.)

But yeah so basically phantom hourglass since I haven't played the others.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Holy ****, seeing it all written out in a list like that, I had no idea there were so many.

Majora's Mask for me. I would totally be playing through it again if I could get this damn emulator to work.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Oh my god, the nostalgia here.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm thinking the original, even though the final dungeon was confusing as all hell and a significant source of "what the f***" moments.

·
Banned
4,523 Posts
Majora's Mask

It's the one I played the most... also loved the mask system or whatever you want to call it.

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Out of the three that I played, Twilight Princess is definitely my favorite (the other two being Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword, which I also enjoyed quite a lot). I regret that I didn't get the two N64 Zelda's as a kid even though I had the console.
Do you have a 3ds? The 3ds version of Ocarina of time is so much better than the original.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts