Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ugly ****
7,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What're your favourite comedies

lol whenever i feel lonely or disappointed or going through a tough time, i like to find a comedy to watch i like to laugh or making fun of myself to forget those disappointments and move on :) what about you?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
I like the old Monty Python movies. They're still pretty funny if you like their type of humor. South Park used to crack me up, but they've kind of sucked the last few seasons. Really, it depends what you like. I like stupid, over-the-top stuff: some of the old Coen brothers' movies, a few of Apatow's movies, early Farelly brothers, etc. Cerebral humor is good, too, but broad humor is better when you need a mood adjustment.

·
Meticulous
309 Posts
I love alot of comedies but i think the one that kept me watching it so many times even the re runs would have too beeeee JERRY SEINFELD really funny :) also the old simpsons, before they made them un-funny >< but yea have a good day :)_

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Love Actually. A great movie, and a good comedy.

As for TV Shows, 2 Broke Girls (It's great!), Raising Hope, The Middle, How I Met Your Mother, etc...

·
Shoe Czar
198 Posts
The Big Lebowski is ethereal.

·
ugly ****
7,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love alot of comedies but i think the one that kept me watching it so many times even the re runs would have too beeeee JERRY SEINFELD really funny :) also the old simpsons, before they made them un-funny >< but yea have a good day :)_
hey whats the deal with homework ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
TV SHOWS:
Arrested Development
The Office (my favorite is the UK version but the US adaption is alright).
Parks and Recreation
Community
Workaholics (not for everyone, has a lot of crude/drug related humor which I'm usually not a fan of but it has more to offer than that).

MOVIES:
Bridesmaids
Better Off Dead
Airplane!
Jeff, Who Lives At Home

And a lot more probably, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now, and someone already mentioned The Big Lebowski.
STAND UP COMEDIANS:
Mike Burbiglia
John Mulaney
Jim Gaffigan
Aziz Ansari
Maria Bamford
Louis CK
Dan Cummings
Kathleen Madigan

Aaand as far as books go, you can't go wrong with David Sedaris. I also have to applaud Mindy Kaling's autobiography which was amazing. Also I treasure my copy of I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert for a variety of reasons.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't really watch too many comedy movies however for tv shows love the british/australian stuff..like peep show, the extras, fat pizza, chasers war on everything, the sketch show etc

·
digging upwards
879 Posts
Peep show
Curb Your Enthusiasm
8 Out of 10 Cats
Karl Pilkington
among others...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts