1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine:

Chemistry 130(lecture) - MW
Chemistry 130 (lab) - M
Math 122 - S
Intermidiate Weight Training - Self Paced
Advanced Weight Training - Self Paced

I'm done with all the General Ed Courses except for math/science, and since I have yet to pick a major, I don't have any other classes to take besides Chem/Math. But If I'm not a full-time student,I have to pay my own health insurance, so I had to fill 4 credit hours with irrelevant courses like weight training.

I'm not looking forward to chemistry because of the labs you have to do with a partner. :afr

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Scrub Ducky,

The experiments you will be doing in chemistry lab will be good enough for conversation. There were many times I remember laughing at some of the things that were said.

One time, we were in the lab trying to make some equation into a chemical solution. The chemicals looked pretty cool separate, but when we had to put them together, some lady across the table from me belted out: "What is this $h!7; this stuff is disgusting!" It took me about five minutes to calm down from laughing so hard.

Another time was when a different group did their experiment completely wrong and made a huge brown mess on the table, which did not look all that pleasing. That was worth about ten minutes of laughing right there, especialy with the lab asistant getting mad at the students!

Oh, and by the way, if there is butyric acid in the lab, it's best to stay away from it!

Chemistry was one of the better courses I took!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heya Millennium! Havent talk to you in awhile, how have ya been?

Well thats good to hear, I don't feel as anxious now. :thanks
I hope the teacher assigns partners though, that'll stink if we have to pick. But yeah, maybe it won't be as bad as I had thought it would.

Butyric acid eh? I'll be sure to stay away from that. ;)

Another time was when a different group did their experiment completely wrong and made a huge brown mess on the table, which did not look all that pleasing. That was worth about ten minutes of laughing right there, especialy with the lab asistant getting mad at the students!
:lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Developmental psychology-T/TH
Abnormal psychology-T/F
Psychology of personality-T/F
Women in literature-M/W
English literature 1-M/W

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
reaver221 said:
multivariable calculus - MTWHF
linear algebra - MWF
physics I - MWHF
physics lab - T
intro to electrical engineering - TH
intro to EE lab - M

16 credits of hard stuff! :um
Reaver221,

Linear algebra really isn't so bad. Physics, on the other hand, is the fail out course. That course alone is going to take some work. You can do it, though. You just have to plan your time.

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
AN331 Human Origins (T/Th)
PS572 Psychology of Women (W) :afr (small class)
PS303 History of Psychology (T/Th) :yawn
PS325 Experimental Psychology: Personality (T/Th) :afr (group work)
PS472 Family Violence: Theories & Research (M) :afr (small class)

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
The City in American Literature and Culture - T/TH 11:30am
The Nature of Environmental Problems - T/TH 1:00pm
The Adolescent in Literature - T/TH 2:30pm

Last semester, only 3 classes. w00t!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
reaver221 said:
multivariable calculus - MTWHF
linear algebra - MWF
physics I - MWHF
physics lab - T
intro to electrical engineering - TH
intro to EE lab - M

16 credits of hard stuff! :um
yeesh, whats your major?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Graphic design II (Tu/TH)
Drawing I (M/W)
Human Evolution (M/Tu/W/TH)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Scrub D...I'm doing fine man. I hope things are going the same for you.

Reaver221,

Eigenvectors were things we had toward the end of the quarter. Even then, they weren't that bad. I thought the course was rather easy. It's just multi-dimensional algebra.

Your physics (especially the circuits stuff will come in handy for your major). It is still giving me weird memories of blocks going up inclines, angular friction forces, torque, Bernoulli principles. :p

By the way I don't know why I am posting in this forum; I graduated college six years ago. Maybe it's time to go back. hmm.......

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm just starting college this fall so I'm just taking the general education stuff. I have THREE seminar classes :)afr :sigh), two lecture classes, and one activity. I'm so worried about the seminar classes. One is for English, another for math (anyone know how that works?), and another for University 100. I don't think I'll be able to get through this year. :hide

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Humanities 3 Culture of Medieval and Rennaissance Europe TTh 10:30am-12
Music 28 History of Rock(Heck yeah! :nw ) F 9am-12
Sociology 30 Social Psychology MW 9am-10:30
Speech 5 Interpersonal Communication( :afr ) M 4pm-7

Really really dreading the speech class. I hate general ed! :mum

·
Registered
72 Posts
CHEM 6A 2.0
CHEM 109A 4.0
MATH 5A 4.0
MCDB 1A 4.0
MCDB 1AL 1.0
PHYS 6A 3.0
PHYS 6AL 1.0

Total: 19 units. :afr
Crap, I never took 19 units before and math/science is not my strong point (thus requiring a LOT of work) and I also have a part-time job.

Should I drop a course? I need to hurry because I'm already behind by a year, though.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Made my schedule yesterday. I think it is pretty good, so I will probably be sticking with it.

Interm. Macroeconomics
Elements of Stats. and Probability
Philosophy: Reasoning and Critical Thinking
Geography
World Religions

15 credits

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
duped said:
CHEM 6A 2.0
CHEM 109A 4.0
MATH 5A 4.0
MCDB 1A 4.0
MCDB 1AL 1.0
PHYS 6A 3.0
PHYS 6AL 1.0

Crap, I never took 19 units before and math/science is not my strong point (thus requiring a LOT of work) and I also have a part-time job.

Should I drop a course? I need to hurry because I'm already behind by a year, though.
In my opinion, you probably should...

·
Registered
12 Posts
duped said:
CHEM 6A 2.0
CHEM 109A 4.0
MATH 5A 4.0
MCDB 1A 4.0
MCDB 1AL 1.0
PHYS 6A 3.0
PHYS 6AL 1.0

wow, that is a lot of hard classes right there! You must be smart if you signed up for all of them, and I'm sure you can do it, but when will you have time to sleep?? I think you'd be able to concentrate on getting good grades if you dont overwhelm yourself. And about behing behind, I am too. I transfered colleges twice due to different things like moving away, so I know how it feels to want to just finish up already. But I still think you should take it just a tad easier :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts