Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke about this earlier on another thread but give me your take as to any differences you've noticed among one generic over another companies and the difference between a generic vs brand name.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any generic manfactured from TEVA has been total crap for me.
Buspar - Watson is better
Wellbutrin - Brand name is better for me
Propranolol- NorthStar is better to me

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
They all seem the same to me. I've never been able to detect any difference between brand and generic and various generic makers of the same drug, other than things like color & shape.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I noticed a difference in generic Effexor/Venlafaxine. Here in the UK the most effective one was the one actually called Effexor XR, then I started getting this other crappy generic stuff called "Rodomel XL" which did not work in the slightest, and I actually started to get withdrawal. Told my doc about this when I was on them, and I was just told it was in my head. Anyway, I came off it altogether in the end and switched to something else as I wasn't happy.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I'm always suprised by the amount of stories I've heard about generics not working as good as the brand names, I Know it's meant to be the same active ingredients, but makes you wonder.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Generic Wellbutrin is awful! It works but it gives you horrific bad breathe. I have heard that the brand name does not have that side effect.

Reg Adderrall- generic is much better

Adderall XR- The generic version has not worked the same as the brand name version for me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm always suprised by the amount of stories I've heard about generics not working as good as the brand names, I Know it's meant to be the same active ingredients, but makes you wonder.
I actually did some researching into the generic version called "Rodomel XL" that I was given and why I was feeling so awful. This was a while ago, so I don't have the literature with me now, but I found out there was a slight difference in the ingredient that the little white balls were made from inside the capsule. I also searched through google and found quite a few similar experiences as mine.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I actually did some researching into the generic version called "Rodomel XL" that I was given and why I was feeling so awful. This was a while ago, so I don't have the literature with me now, but I found out there was a slight difference in the ingredient that the little white balls were made from inside the capsule. I also searched through google and found quite a few similar experiences as mine.
Hmm perhaps it's due to different forms like for example an oxelate form of a chemical instead of a chelated form etc, and one form isn't crossing the blood brain barrier as efficiently or something, If I knew more about science that would probly make more sence lol.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Never noticed a difference in any drug I've ever taken, ever, except for a lighter/heavier wallet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts