·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Do you know your heritage?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
9th generation in the New World from Swiss/German ancestry. We arrived before this was a country.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
I know my paternal grandfather was Norwegian and my paternal grandmother is Luxembourg. He parents came over from Luxembourg and settled in Indiana and then moved up by Grand Forks, North Dakota to farm. I think they grew wheat and potatoes there. My maternal grandfather came from Welsh ancestry, and my maternal grandmother had Dutch and German in her. My grandmother grandparents most of their life lived in a sod house on the Prairie in northern Kansas. I posted a picture a couple of weeks of the sod house they lived in.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
Scottish, Irish, French and German ancestors.

·
Registered
364 Posts
German / Irish

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I can't remember them all, but I know I'm part Irish, German, and Slovenian.

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
Mostly Cuban. (if you want to get technical, before going to Cuba, they were all in Spain. I'm about 98% Spanish though.)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have English and Irish ancestors on my dad's side, and English, Irish, Armenian, and Swiss ancestors on my mum's side.

That's as much as I know about anyway.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
English, Irish, and Lithuanian

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Mostly Cuban. (if you want to get technical, before going to Cuba, they were all in Spain. I'm about 98% Spanish though.)
Me gusta tu nombre - interesante - "cerrada". :)

My father was born in Austria to Hungarian parents - they left the Budapest area toward the end of WWII. There may be a hint of German in my paternal grandfather's side as my last name is German on my branch of the tree, but a good portion of the Austro-Hungarian Empire back then bordered Germany :stu.

My maternal grandfather was Dutch, and my maternal grandmother was Irish/Scottish.

·
Banned
791 Posts
german finnish and norweigian, although my finnish side actually lived in russia for awhile, so i thought i was part russian, but turned out i was mistaken

·
Registered
718 Posts
My paternal grandfather immigrated from Austria. On both sides I have Austrian/German and maybe a little English in my ancestry. My paternal grandmother's family goes back along time in Australian history...where my great grandmother and great great grandmother lived is now heritage listed (the Rocks, Sydney)...it's a home for hobbits its that tiny.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am Somali/Egyptian and I was born in Cairo. My grandfather has a bit of Italian in him since the Italians controlled the horn of Africa for a while.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I haven't a clue - I know very little information about my biological family. All I know is that they were English.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
English and two types of american indian Cherokee and Seminole. There are others but I can't remember what.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts