Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an American launch Wii, I know they tend to have a hard time reading dual layered disks. I'm playing Xenoblade right now, which is dual layered and after 11 hours of game play it just up and stopped reading disks.

My Wii was reading disks fine for months up until tonight. This happened maybe twice before since I've had my Wii, but all I had to do was re-insert the disk and it would work fine. It never stopped like this.

Does it just need some cool down time? I'm going to get the cleaning kit tomorrow because I know it has to be very dirty, but if that doesn't help, how much would someone likely charge to fix it at a local place?

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
I have no idea how much a local place would charge, but when my Wii went kaput, it cost me roughly 70 bucks to have it repaired.

·
Registered
903 Posts
mine did the same thing, i called nintendo and even though my wii was WELL out of warranty they fixed it for free, even shipping.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no idea how much a local place would charge, but when my Wii went kaput, it cost me roughly 70 bucks to have it repaired.
That's how much Nintendo charged?

I'm not going to send it to Nintendo since it's modded.

Thanks for the help though.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
If there's something wrong with your Wii I'd see a doctor ASAP.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Those cleaning kits are rubbish. I'm assuming its from you playing, putting wear on the laser of the drive and the Wii being used for 11 hours. I'd give it a rest for a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts