Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a 35 year old woman with three children and a husband but i feel so alone as i have no friends to talk to or do anything with i try talking to woman up at school but they dont talk back or if they do they dont talk the day after is it something i am giving off? but i rarely leave the house as i am always thinking something bad is going to happen, and i am constantley thinking my husband is cheating on me, and i also hate it because he has a life at work and travels alot while i am left cleaning the house. whats wrong with me?
i have enjoyed this writing but i cant see anyone wanting to read it or if i get any replys but it is good to get it off my chest.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nothing is wrong with you.. There are many woman like you who are stay at home moms with little or no friendships. Just be grateful for having a family. Don't worry about those soccer moms at schools, they are just following the stereotype and you're not. See this as a good thing. :) Basically, don't get discouraged over seeing "strangers" or "others" doing things you aren't.

You sound like a good mother, don't let something pesky as not impressing strangers get in the way of dealing your emotions against your family. Because THEN you'll truly be alone. =)

Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankyou

thankyou for you words of support i didnt honestly think anyone would and you are right about them being soccer mums its like a fashion parade up there i just wish i was like them they go to each others houses for tea and there kids all get to play together. thanks for the words but dont you think if you carnt beat them (which i obviously am not because i am the one alone and down) that i should try and be like them ie sunbed and make up every day.?
again thanks for the words of support:|

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Hello down74, and welcome to SAS :)

dont you think if you carnt beat them (which i obviously am not because i am the one alone and down) that i should try and be like them ie sunbed and make up every day.?
It's difficult, but I'd go with no, don't try and be something you're not. Are all the other Moms made-up, tanned, clad in designer clothes and unfriendly? Are there any more friendly people you might be able to befriend? If you think it might be fun to get dresssed up and put on some make-up, you may as well try it, but not of you feel it's really not you.

I think friends are important (I have woefully few myself), I'm sure it would be great for you if you had someone who would come over and visit when your husband's away and you're feeling lonely, someone to whom you could talk about worries and so on. If the mothers you see at school aren't friendly, maybe there's somewhere else you could meet people. You could join a group or club that grabs your interest - Dancing? Crafty things? Evening classes?

What makes you think your husband is cheating?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts