Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i need help, really.
basically, my biggest problem are conversations. i know most people here have this but for me i am not scared of approaching people of whatsoever. i just cannot talk to people during one to one conversations. somehow my mind just goes completely blank and i have nothing to say. i happens even when around my mum or dad or sister alone where a conversation is suppose to happen. i feel like a freak especially when they are the closest to me and i am supposed to be comfortable sharing anything in mind. there are ALWAYS awkward silences and it is really frustrating. i know i am not a boring person, and can make jokes and talk in a group conversation. i just feel so vulnerable when alone with someone and have to make a conversation. sometimes i am afraid that what i'll say is boring and other times my mind is just blank. is this a case of social anxiety or just bad conversational skills? or am i being self conscious? PLZ HELP!):

·
Registered
5 Posts
I experience this too at times,not for the same reasons but I feel I'm put in the same situation! I think for me personally I'm quite a shy person, it's not always a case of being afraid to talk, but afraid to talk first if that makes sense? My advice would be to not feel like you HAVE to have a massive long convo with someone every time you happen to be alone with someone, no one likes to force a convo ;-) just take it a sentence at a time, "hello how are you" etc, the best convos are the ones that flow, and 9 times out of 10, half hour talking has gone by and you haven't even realised :D

I hope this has helped either way!
Saul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts