Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
going hazy
8,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the worst pain you've ever felt? I'd tell a story, but I really don't have anything I would consider noteworthy. I mean, I haven't even broken a bone before. Very disappointing, I know.

I'm sure you guys and gals must have some cringe-worthy stories, right? :lol

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I think it may have been breaking my ankle. In my lifetime I have knocked the wind out of myself plenty of times, wiped out on my bike and skid my knees and slammed my butt on the ground, and also flipped over on my bike to where the back tire hit me in the back of the head (hard to explain). Just recently I slid on a wet surface on my bike and my knee and lower back/butt hurt for days. It still hurts in my *** when I sneeze. Wiping out on my bike and breaking my ankle was the worst, though. The initial pain wasn't the worst pain you could experience ever. How long it lasted was what made it so bad, and it was very bad, to where I was crying. I was hesitant to go and go get looked at, so I dealt with the pain for a good deal of time and surely more than most people would. It was very swollen. Do not get wasted and ride your bike. It's not worth it. It ruined my whole summer and I didn't fully recover until early this winter.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
When I dislocated my knee and my kneecap popped out of it's socket and got stuck in my thigh. Had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance where the doctor proceeded to shove it back in place. Don't worry tho, before he started to shove it back into it's socket they injected my with so much morphine I couldn't feel a thing.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I haven't had very many injuries, but probably my ulcer.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Back spasms in senior year of high school after my last day of mandatory volunteer work at a christmas tree lot.

Lift with your legs, kids.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I fell on a drinking glass and crushed it with my knee. It hurt a lot but what freaked me out the most was how much it bled. Gotta say though probably nowhere near as scary or painful as having it dislocated :afr

·
gone
5,224 Posts
Physical pain, nothing earth shattering to report. No broken bones. The worst was probably intense stomach pain that would last for a few seconds when I had some kind of intestinal problem.

Emotional pain...I'm not going to tell. But that doesn't hurt any less :/

·
Registered
159 Posts
i got my left middle finger smashed to a pulp by a hydraulic wood splitter, i had to get the glove i was wearing cut off and all the nail came off too and there was bone it was gross... i fell through a glass table once too and that hurt but i think it scared me more then it actually hurt.

·
Diggin' My Potatoes
415 Posts
Sometimes my leg cramps up. Feels like its being sawed off with a butter knife. Other than that, testicle pain of any kind isn't something that I ever look forward to.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Dislocating my wrist... very painful because of all the little bones there. It also looked deformed until I snapped it back in place.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
This is going to sound ridiculous.

But CREST WHITESTRIPS were pure pain. I thought my teeth were going to fall out of my head.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i have a pretty high tolerance for pain so im going to go with when my relationship with my first girlfriend ended

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Many years ago, I experienced physical pain caused by stress. This is hard to explain, but gas would build up down below (in the colon?) and if I didn't burp it out, the (colon?) would inflate and cause excruciating pain.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Probably when I had my appendix taken out when I was 12 years old. Though I once had a dentist give me a shot of novocaine and she hit a nerve, my eyes welled up with tears it hurt so bad.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I was such an accident prone child.
Had my finger closed in the car door. Got stung by a bee. Sprang my ankle. Fell out of a tree. Cut my leg on a metal railing. Cut my thumb on a mirror. Hit my head on the wall when my sister and I had a fight. Several little incidents that resulted in me sitting in silence or crying for all of 2 minutes and going about my business.

But seriously, it all happened a while ago, so I've forgotten all about it. If anything, that finger getting closed in the door had to hurt the worst. It has made me very cautious around car doors.

As for emotional pain, I'll never tell.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The most intense was probably a few months ago, when I almost broke my ankle. While it was fear more than anything, it still hurt like hell. Also, two words: spinal anesthesia. Just thinking about it is making my back feel sore. :afr

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Probably when I hurt my wrist go karting. I never went to the doctor so I don't know what exactly was wrong with it. I know it wasn't broken, but it hurt like a mofo. After that would be intestional cramps after I ate some bad food, and then my broken arm.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts