Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Expect increased appetite, inability to orgasm until each dose wears off(simply bypass this by taking your daily dose AFTER you have sex), and it will be really effective at depression, and moderately effective for SA depending on your type of depression/SA.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I'm on Paxil for the second time and I have been on it about 5 weeks so far
No real side effects except for sexual ones that I don't care about and have gone away now anyway.
As far as SSRI go Paxil seems to be the best for SP.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Do you usually get side effects from meds?
Not really
I go max dose really quick and usually just cold turkey after 9 weeks
Paxil gave me legs sweats for a day or 2 and i felt a little emotional but nothing big.
I get the sexual stuff for a week or 2 but they go away
Zoloft gave me insomnia
I am at the point now where i kind of hope for side effects because i think it is more likely to do something.
Effexor and cymbalta gave me that " foggy " head for a couple of days but i kind of liked that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I tried Paxil about 9 months ago. Initially on 20mg made me laugh and you felt so happy it was great. But after a few weeks you get used to the dose and increase and you get less effect. After about 2 months I was on 50mg of paxil and got bad headaches, sexual dysfunction, and in the end no relief from depression. Now the withdrwral I had about 2 weeks of headaches and flu like symptons, this felt like much longer. For the couple of weeks of europhoria and hapiness it is not worth the side effects and extreme withdrawal problems.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I tried Paxil about 9 months ago. Initially on 20mg made me laugh and you felt so happy it was great. But after a few weeks you get used to the dose and increase and you get less effect. After about 2 months I was on 50mg of paxil and got bad headaches, sexual dysfunction, and in the end no relief from depression. Now the withdrwral I had about 2 weeks of headaches and flu like symptons, this felt like much longer. For the couple of weeks of europhoria and hapiness it is not worth the side effects and extreme withdrawal problems.
I think that is a placebo effect TBO

·
Registered
87 Posts
Expect increased appetite, inability to orgasm until each dose wears off(simply bypass this by taking your daily dose AFTER you have sex), and it will be really effective at depression, and moderately effective for SA depending on your type of depression/SA.
To be honest I can still orgasm, it just takes a little longer.
And it was extremely effective for my SA, but it all depends.
Also in the beginning I felt really happy and euphoric, after a while it went away but the SA didn't come back, so it is working great.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
To be honest I can still orgasm, it just takes a little longer.
And it was extremely effective for my SA, but it all depends.
Also in the beginning I felt really happy and euphoric, after a while it went away but the SA didn't come back, so it is working great.
Yeah I noticed that the euphoria feeling for most meds only seem to be initial. While it's good and all, it seems to be too much and unrealistic to expect that feeling to last.

As long as a med works for it's intended purpose, then it's doing it's job, euphoria or not.

·
Harvestor Of Sorrow
5,727 Posts
I was on Paxil years ago and hated it. I was only on it for a month. I didn't gain any weight, but it deeply aggravated my insomnia, and the sexual side effects were terrible.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
I just started and I'm scared. What should I expect?? I'm switching over from Wellbutrin SR (been on it for 1.5 years)
You should expect sexual side effects, which is probably the worst thing about it. You might also feel really sick for the first week of therapy. And if you stop the drug cold turkey, you'll feel sick again.

You'll probably gain weight. And you'll have these brain jolts which will be weird. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get 'em.

Finally, increase risk of suicide on SSRIs.

It'll take 4-6 weeks to see full effect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.