Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Whats the point of having 50 posts limit

707 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  probably offline 
#1 ·
Whats the point of having 50 post limit

There's no limit to new registers but you can only make 50 posts, prevent spamming? How does this make sense :um Sometimes people are around they want to say something, other times they might not logon for weeks

#2 ·
Server(s?) overload. This way there's less chance that anyone will spam, and server won't go down.

#3 ·
There's no limit to new registers but you can only make 50 posts, prevent spamming? How does this make sense :um Sometimes people are around they want to say something, other times they might not logon for weeks
New registers? It's a one account per user rule. :stu

#6 ·
I find this rule to be silly. Maybe for someone who just signed up but for others who have thousands of posts it is ridiculous. It's only happened to me a few times but I go in spurts--sometimes hardly post for days than go on a posting spree. Depends on the day.

#8 ·
I believe this rule was instituted when 2 individuals got into a posting war in one of the 'just for fun' threads. They went back and forth for a couple of hours and took the thread through several pages of meaningless drivel in an attempt to artificially inflate their post counts.

#9 ·
If you do a search in this forum you'll see this discussed at great length. It's something that was implemented when we were having server issues to minimize the load on the server. I understand there are more advanced ways of dealing with this (e.g. increased delay between searches when load is above X), but this was a fix that seemed to work well for us.

That said, it's not something I'm opposed to raising to 100 or removing. We've moved servers recently and still have some issues to iron out, but once those are taken care of this is definitely something that can be revisited in the next month or two.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.