Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like due to your SA and people have no idea you have it. They ask "why" or "what" questions. Ex. "why don't you go out" "why do you stay home all the time" "why are you so quiet" "what are you doing for the summer" "what do you like to do for fun" etc. What's your most hated question?

Please Follow: http://www.supersoshychick.blogspot.com

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
"why do you stay in your house all the time?" "do you have a facebook?" then i say no. then they say "why not?" or "wtf man get one, ill set one up for you." then i reply go fuk yourself.

·
Banned
728 Posts
"how come you dont have a girlfriend, you should be able to get one"- Yeah, well i haven't, so you are WRONG!!! lol

"how come you dont go out"- I have s/a

"how come you dont have a job"- I will work, but i cannot make companies employ me!

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
"Why are you so quiet?" is an embarrassing one.

And while the asker doesn't know that they're actually asking me about anxiety and depression, "Why haven't you finished university yet?" is another hated question.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I have a really bad SA related habit of rambling on really quietly about what bad things COULD happen in the current situation. For example, when someones driving way too fast on windy roads, or when we go out to eat and the place seems unsanitary.
So when I do that, I get a lot of, "Why do you worry so much?" "What the hell is wrong with you?" or just plain, "You scare me when you do this."

·
Registered
591 Posts
"are you ok?" OMG hate hate hate that question because IF i AM ok, then that question makes me question whether I am or not. Then I start freaking out!!! Ugh

·
Registered
18 Posts
"Why don't you just do (whatever I'm scared of) and see what happens?"
I hate that one. I tell them because I HAVE ALREADY done what I am afraid of and it turned out badly at the time and the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Usually that flippant remark gets them off my back for a while.

In addition I hate "the mind is a very powerful thing, (no kidding) and you can just choose not to think about___"(insert whatever is scaring me at the moment).

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
"Why don't you go out more?"
"Why don't you have any friends? Aren't you lonely?"
"Why are you so quiet? Are you always like this?"
"You going to the club tonight?"
"Do you have a facebook/myspace/twitter/whatever else is out there?"
And the one that gets on my nerves so much and usually follows the friend question, but also comes from random people:
"Why don't you have a boyfriend? Or are you into girls? Both?" and sometimes "What about me?" is added. That last bit, I always have to ask, "What about you?" back to them.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Why are you so quiet?

You don't talk much do you?

What places do you go to go for fun? (Just since I don't know).

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
"What are you doing this weekend?"
"So, doing anything this weekend?"

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
why don't you talk? That is the is the question that always aggravates me. The other one is i need you to be my wingman lol, where i always get the most anxiety.

·
Banned
501 Posts
"Why are you so quiet?"

Because I don't have anything to say.

"What do you like to do?"

Stare at oblivion.

"Are you a virgin?"

None of your damn business!!!!

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,028 Posts
When my mom asks me if I'm ok or how I feel I'm progressing in my battle with anxiety it always seems to spark a rage in me. It's like she's asking me to explain the irrational & immediately at that. Other than that the usual ones mentioned above plus "what's new?" which I never have an answer for since I don't do much currently

·
Registered
632 Posts
"why u don't want to talk?"
"why are u so quiet?"
i always get this when i'm little.i used to have SM so everyone always asked this to me.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,354 Posts
"What do you do for a living/job?"
"What have you been doing for a job?"
"What have you been doing for the past few months"
and finally, someone asked me this the other day: "What grade are you in?" Yeah, I must be really regressed if people ask me that regularly.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
And while the asker doesn't know that they're actually asking me about anxiety and depression, "Why haven't you finished university yet?" is another hated question.
Yep, I'm going to have to hear that at every family gathering for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
289 Posts
"Are you OK" is pretty annoying or when people ask what you have been up to it's like ahhhh nothing really and then they have great things to say about whats going on in their lives. That sucks I hate being asked those.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts