Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a mid tower case, and a full tower case. My computer knowledge is only above average and when my tax refund gets here im getting a new gaming PC. Is the extra money worth getting a full tower case?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

• CASE:Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0
  • Internal USB Extension Module:None
  • Neon Light Upgrade:12in Cold Cathode Neon Light (Green Color)
  • Extra Case Fan Upgrade:Default case fans
  • CPU:AMD FX-6100 3.30 GHz Six-Core AM3+ CPU 6MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
  • Freebies:NONE
  • COOLING FAN:AMD Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
  • MOTHERBOARD:[CrossFireX] ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD 970 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3+ ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)
  • MEMORY:8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • VIDEO CARD:AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card(Major Brand Powered by AMD)
  • VIDEO CARD 2:None
  • VIDEO CARD 3:None
  • Power Supply Upgrade:750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
  • HARD DRIVE:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • Data Hard Drive:None
  • USB PORTABLE DRIVE:None
  • USB Flash Drive:None
  • Optical Drive:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive(BLACK COLOR)
  • Optical Drive 2:None
  • SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

This is the build im thinking about going with, does it look pretty good? Do I have a good balance here, i dont want any bottle necking issues

·
Registered
40 Posts
Buy your own parts and build it yourself its so much easier! And also full tower is HUMONGOUS. Mid tower is like your normal computer height. Full tower is NOT worth the extra weight and space.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy your own parts and build it yourself its so much easier! And also full tower is HUMONGOUS. Mid tower is like your normal computer height. Full tower is NOT worth the extra weight and space.
yeah i couldnt do that, not because i dont know how but my hands tremble really bad.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
AMD really sucks, spend a bit more and go with an Intel processor.

·
Sealer of Nyx
370 Posts
Mid tower case is all you need. Large tower cases are absurdly large, some even come with wheels.

I recommend a cooling master case, but the corsair will be good too. I would get an intel 3570k processor.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
what kinda games? that built isnt really that powerful... well at least not the gpu, and you would not need so much wattage for that built.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
really im just looking to run fallout 3 and Fallout NV, however i dont want it to become a complete waste. I want it to be decent enough to run other games in the future like Fallout 4

·
Registered
40 Posts
really im just looking to run fallout 3 and Fallout NV, however i dont want it to become a complete waste. I want it to be decent enough to run other games in the future like Fallout 4
I got you.

What's your budget.

What do you need? (Like do you have a monitor keyboard mouse windows, etc?)

USA or Canada or what?

·
Registered
40 Posts
My best piece of advice is to go to anandtech.com and create a account and post in general hardware. I am a frequent poster there under the name of t_yamamoto

It is a wonderful place. They give amazing advice. Lehtv and mfeen will give the best advice on your build. They will help you find anything you need and help you step by step.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah, go with mid tower case. Get one that you like and one that fits well with the motherboard.

I think the build you have right now is decent enough. If you are on a budget, I would go with AMD. The only thing that is going to slow your computer down is the hard drive. If you want to upgrade anything, get a SSD.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, go with mid tower case. Get one that you like and one that fits well with the motherboard.

I think the build you have right now is decent enough. If you are on a budget, I would go with AMD. The only thing that is going to slow your computer down is the hard drive. If you want to upgrade anything, get a SSD.
1000 with everything can get you a very nice Intel build.

·
God. Also bored
10,229 Posts
It certainly is if you want better cooling and cable management it also depends on how big your motherboard is and how many Graphics cards your putting into it.

·
Banned
8,077 Posts
A full tower case is usually unneeded unless you have an extended mobo and extra video cards. Mid-tower works for even high end gaming builds.

I only recommend Intel if you have $1000 or more to spend on the build, otherwise it's not really all that worth the cost.

With a PSU, don't worry so much about getting massive wattage as just a good brand that won't crap out on you, a quick look shows you'd be more than fine on 400 W. I suggest Seasonic for the brand. Modular is nice if you find it, too.

If you're doing gaming I wouldn't recommend anything below a Radeon 6870.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A full tower case is usually unneeded unless you have an extended mobo and extra video cards. Mid-tower works for even high end gaming builds.

I only recommend Intel if you have $1000 or more to spend on the build, otherwise it's not really all that worth the cost.

With a PSU, don't worry so much about getting massive wattage as just a good brand that won't crap out on you, a quick look shows you'd be more than fine on 400 W. I suggest Seasonic for the brand. Modular is nice if you find it, too.

If you're doing gaming I wouldn't recommend anything below a Radeon 6870.
Well even with less than 1G, you can build a new budget build with an i3

1 - 20 of 33 Posts