Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up with Ultrashy. The guy has more post then maybe everyone combined. Now it says he is temporary ban. Whats the deal? He's an awesome dude and gives back alot to this community. Whats happening to this site; first it was Noca, now UltryShy. I'm speechless....

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
There is a policy regarding the number of infractions obtained in a period of time. I normally follow three infractions in a 90-day period, but lately VALID infractions have had to be issued. Lately, members have been given a one-week or two-week ban (depending on severity of last infraction).

I will not go into detail but the latest of Ultrashy's infractions was clearly a violation of Board Guidelines. He will be back.

As moderators, we have been working our fingers to the bone to keep this site running in a safe manner lately. It is not an easy task and has unfortunately gotten worse recently. I don't know if it is the global economy, frustration at government (or us here at SAS), or whatnot, but I know of four members with a temporary ban at this time - I can't remember there ever being that many at once and I have been a moderator for over 2 1/2 years. We try to be fair, but people have anxiety here so sensitivity is high.

·
Banned
165 Posts
What up with Ultrashy. The guy has more post then maybe everyone combined. Now it says he is temporary ban. Whats the deal? He's an awesome dude and gives back alot to this community. Whats happening to this site; first it was Noca, now UltryShy. I'm speechless....
This happened to me too. The first infraction I got I deserved, the second was eh..... The last one was total crap...I'd show you what the post was that got me banned for a week but then I'd probably get another infraction :roll

I dunno...I've run a forum before and am a member on about 50 other forums, the mods here seem to take things way out of proportion and may be on a bit of a powertrip (I'm sure they'd disagree but it happens all the time). They lock threads here left and right and hand out infractions like candy on halloween. Oh great...I just insulted mods and now I'll be banned and this will be deleted even though it is just my opinion and I'm not trying to flame anyone it is just how I feel. Seems like I can't express my feelings here though because I get in trouble.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certain sections of this board (more then others) seem to be a little sensitive during discussion. I guess thats why I like the "medication" section the best. The regulars there never get uptight with disagreement of opinions.

I don't know what UltryShy allegedly did or did not do, but his 30,000 post on this forum and now a temporary ban is definitely going to make me think twice before posting.

Communism works well in certain parts of the world, look at China, it's booming

Cheers!

:)

·
Banned
728 Posts
I have no idea what the fuss is all about.

Since i have been here the mods haven't got in the way, they run this wonderful site. Everything is kept clean and light hearted. I believe the mods are doing a good job.

Why do people complain?

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
We have guidelines that have been in place for years - if you feel you can't follow them, don't post.

·
Banned
424 Posts
I have no idea what the fuss is all about.
no offense but you haven't been here long enough to judge - unless this is a second account of course,
We have guidelines that have been in place for years - if you feel you can't follow them, don't post.
it's not a matter of the guidelines, it's a matter of interpreting the guidelines, it amazes me sometimes what gets through & what doesn't

btw i'm referring to reported posts, before anyone tells me to report

·
Banned
728 Posts
no offense but you haven't been here long enough to judge - unless this is a second account of course,
Sure, but while i have been here, i haven't seen any unjustified bans etc. Any threads that have been locked were done for obvious reasons.

Although this is my first account here, i have been on several forums online, and i've always had problems with unfair mods. The kind that suspend you for 2 weeks for a slight infringement! (cough-gamespot)

I'm just saying that these mods seem decent to me.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
Can we see the post that got him banned so we have a better idea of what not to say?
No you may not.

it's not a matter of the guidelines, it's a matter of interpreting the guidelines, it amazes me sometimes what gets through & what doesn't
And it is up to the moderators for the final interpretation of those guidelines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.