Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of like the opposite of "what's bothering you right now". I'm sure this thread has existed before but I'll start.

I'm on a stay-cation and it's going good so far despite insomnia and some anxiety.

·
(.*?)
10,142 Posts
Nobody else in the laundry room today, and the payment app actually worked right. And the weather is perfect, and it's so quiet right now.

·
Super Moderator
10,005 Posts
Woke up strangely feeling pretty energized for the 1st part of the day.

·
Registered
Crawling out
400 Posts
Camaraderie in an army of individuals that went through the same things as me. It makes me feel less alone. I get a kick out of reading their writings. I seem to only want to seek friendship with troubled, delayed individuals.

·
Super Moderator
38,312 Posts
These Jlab bluetooth headphones are not the most comfortable but I really can't complain much because the battery just lasts forever on a charge and the sound quality and volume is perfectly acceptable (which is sometimes a tall order for cheap headphones so their sound quality is pretty surprising). I charged them up yesterday sometime and have been using them nonstop for like 5 hours and they're still at 100%. They will go at least 50 hours on a charge. I just wear them constantly.

·
Super Moderator
10,005 Posts
The app on one of my smart bulbs stopped working, because I was never able to update it. Updates always fail for some reason. So I have held off on updating it for many months. Eventually the update became mandatory for me to access the app at all. After about a hundred failed attempts, I finally gave up. The bulb still works fine, but I just cannot change the color and brightness without being able to access the app.

Today, by some random miracle, the update went through after about 20 failed attempts.

My computer also became stuck on "Windows is getting ready, do not turn off computer" for nearly 3 hours. After I left home and returned a few hours later, it finally finished.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

·
Super Moderator
38,312 Posts
@Blue Dino

That reminds me. I haven't had any problems with my smart bulbs since I installed the wifi extender but I'm expecting the app to eventually give me problems because it's still installed on my old phone that has no service. I can't upgrade the android on that one either for some reason so eventually the app is going to want to update to a version that can't run on that version of android or it's just gonna stop working and that'll be that (because they don't make this stuff to be used for more than a year or two even though it tells you on the package the bulbs will last 20 years or whatever).

I'm seriously thinking about replacing these things with the bulbs that have a remote. It's nice being able to control them with Alexa but it's annoying when something goes wrong. Ironically, this morning I got up and the router had just stopped working. Seems like the outlet I had it plugged into stopped working. So my bulbs were blue because I sleep with them on blue and I had no light in my room until I got the router working again.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Halleluja it is raining, I'm so relieved and grateful; better than winning the lottery haha. The temperatures should start declining now. Phew. Yesterday I waited until the sun had really gone down and cycled to the supermarket. I noticed slightly my breathing was different. A guy come running up the street after me and said you've dropped you're bananas and pepper, we were all shouting you've lost your vegetables from the pub. Then I was kind of in hysterics; laughing until almost crying haha. It was really nice of the guy to run up the hill after me.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I bough my first real, proper sketchbook yesterday, and I'm looking forwards to start using it on monday for my travels.
Its hardcover, A5, with blank 100g paper. I have previously only used A6 (pocket friendly) and lined papered regular notebooks. But this one I bought specifically to sit down and devote time to my own hobby. And I even intend to use it with other people around. So what if I like to doodle? (Read that last part in a positive, "empowering" me-being-me way)

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Nature is amazing y’all!
I love the way dew droplets look on the different plants in the morning.
I’m on vacation and I here we also have the ocean smell, and the ocean sound. Love it!
I also love the screaming of the seagulls in the morning, haha. It’s a happy sound :)

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
8,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It may be transient, but I'm pleased to have a day off where I can just eat and be a semi-wall flower and that I won't have to travel 1.5 hours to see family. Hoping tomorrow goes fast before the feast day. I know my hypochondriac brother has my back even though I won't see him. He always does.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts