Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to go live there for a while and I think I'm finally gonna do it.
If I end up a hobo it's worth it I'll have a cool story to tell :)

What's it like living there What's cool about it? What sucks about it?
What are some cool spots I should check out?

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
I enjoyed it in the 1993 time when I was there on a consulting project, despite hurricane Andrew.

My favorite memories are of Cuban food, specifically on calle ocho at El Pub. Ropa Viejo, sandwich Cubano, etc., outstanding!

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I enjoyed it in the 1993 time when I was there on a consulting project, despite hurricane Andrew.

My favorite memories are of Cuban food, specifically on calle ocho at El Pub. Ropa Viejo, sandwich Cubano, etc., outstanding!
Loads of cubans there? Would love to try some cuban food !

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
I roomed with a guy from Miami when i was in a psych ward 4 or 5 years ago. He was sort of nutty but he was a very cool guy. Made me want to check it out,I'm just not a fan of gnarly humidity.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
Muggy but breezy and people assume you speak Spanish. Rains half the time. Drivers are very scary. Their sidewalks suck. Some just end right in the middle of a street mysteriously. Luscious and green. Some parts look semi-jungle. Really cool trees. Many little green lizards on the sidewalk that jump as you walk by. Lots of rangy looking stray cats. Lots of poverty and lots of snooty looking rich people. Not many hipsters/yuppies (unlike LA, NYC, SF). Need a car to get anywhere.

Lots of white hispanics which makes telling who is a ****** and who is not difficult. Very different from LA. Everyone has a good tan.

·
Registered
694 Posts
This is so crazy. We were just having a conversation about the down sides of living in Miami and south florida in another thread. Dude, please think carefully before you make this decision. It all depends on which part of Miami you want to move to. I will post a more detailed description later but for now I will give you a brief description.

I grew up there, it is quite expensive so make sure you can either afford rent on your own or get two to three roommates. Which area are you considering moving into? I suppose certain parts of North Miami Beach are nice and maybe some parts of Kendall, Coral Gables as well. But please be prepared for rudeness, crazy drivers, ridiculous, random happenings on a daily basis and confusing/inconvenient public transportation. I'm just being honest. The good parts are of course the weather, beach, South Beach. I would suggest moving to Broward instead.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is so crazy. We were just having a conversation about the down sides of living in Miami and south florida in another thread. Dude, please think carefully before you make this decision. It all depends on which part of Miami you want to move to. I will post a more detailed description later but for now I will give you a brief description.

I grew up there, it is quite expensive so make sure you can either afford rent on your own or get two to three roommates. Which area are you considering moving into? I suppose certain parts North Miami Beach are nice and maybe some parts of Kendall, Coral Gables as well. But please be prepared for rudeness, crazy drivers, ridiculous, random happenings on a daily basis and confusing/inconvenient public transportation. I'm just being honest. The good parts are of course the weather, beach, South Beach. I would suggest moving to Broward instead.

Here's the thread I was talking about, go to page 2.
http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f40/craigslist-hookups-1067337/index2.html#post1073575033
I'm thinking of Kendal
What's wrong with the public transportation? Crap that's how I was gonna get around lol

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no dude u dont wanna be a hobo in miami

how does the idea of year long swampass sound to u?

there's no salvation from the heat, aside from the beach, which isn't that great anyway

the west coast of florida has nicer beaches (sarasota, naples, etc)

there's very little worth visiting in miami

there's a nice monastery that was shipped from france, but there isn't much of historical value in miami

most of miami is just faceless and designed in mind for rich people, and the parts that aren't can be pretty scary

nd remember this?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/update-victim-miami-canibal-year-article-1.1350311
Lol I was jk I have enough money saved up to avoid hoboness

What is kendall like?

The zombie ded tho, u aware?

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Muggy but breezy and people assume you speak Spanish. Rains half the time. Drivers are very scary. Their sidewalks suck. Some just end right in the middle of a street mysteriously. Luscious and green. Some parts look semi-jungle. Really cool trees. Many little green lizards on the sidewalk that jump as you walk by. Lots of rangy looking stray cats. Lots of poverty and lots of snooty looking rich people. Not many hipsters/yuppies (unlike LA, NYC, SF). Need a car to get anywhere.

Lots of white hispanics which makes telling who is a ****** and who is not difficult. Very different from LA. Everyone has a good tan.
Crap you killing my dreams </3

·
Retired Bingo Cook
11,401 Posts
Hot
Humid
Spanish
Drugs
Gangs
Hurricanes
Thunderstorms
Miss Silicone Sitting On The Beach
Mr Big Mac Right Next Her
Cocaine Highway

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
Hot
Humid
Spanish
Drugs
Gangs
Hurricanes
Thunderstorms
Miss Silicone Sitting On The Beach
Mr Big Mac Right Next Her
Cocaine Highway
Replace **** weather with pollution, Spanish with Mexicans and cocaine highway with meth distribution center and you've got LA.... Still love LA though:heart

1 - 20 of 28 Posts