Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been single for a while now I can't remember what it's like being in a relationship.

Do the pros outweigh the cons?

The pros (as I imagine them):

Err, I genuinely can't think of any.

The cons:

1. Fear they may not find you attractive anymore.
  2. Jealousy if you find they're having a better time with their friends that with you.
  3. Being stuck for something to say.
  4. Fear of disappointment
  5. Lack of space.
  6. Having to meet and get along with their friends and family etc etc.
Is it really as bad as I think it is?

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
Well, do you like having your mood for the entire day depend on whether someone responds to your good morning text?

·
God of Reproduction
112 Posts
The cons:

1. Fear they may not find you attractive anymore.
  2. Jealousy if you find they're having a better time with their friends that with you.
  3. Being stuck for something to say.
  4. Fear of disappointment
  5. Lack of space.
  6. Having to meet and get along with their friends and family etc etc.
I just don't enter a relationship until all of these aren't problems

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
1. Someone finds you attractive and likes you and thinks you're hot.
2. Knowing someone has more fun with you than with other people, since they choose to spend their time with you.
3. Having intense conversations that are interesting and hilarious and feeling completely at ease so you actually talk about what matters to you without being self conscious.
4. Being pleasantly surprised and feeling cared for.
5. Wanting to spend your time with someone because they are awesome.
6. Facing the challenges of life (like SA or depression) as a team rather than by yourself.

Really depends on the relationship. I've experienced your version before but then there is also this version.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Are you guys being serious about the good morning texts? Gotta be joking, no?
In a way I'm serious but not if they don't reply once or twice.....like if they just straight up ignore your text messages not necessarily good morning ones just in general.... Also I'm not going to send a girl a good morning text every morning...... I would come off as too clingy and she would probably run

·
Banned
6,269 Posts
In a way I'm serious but not if they don't reply once or twice.....like if they just straight up ignore your text messages not necessarily good morning ones just in general.... Also I'm not going to send a girl a good morning text every morning...... I would come off as too clingy and she would probably run
I think it's odd that people put so much weight into whether or not they receive a text. People wanting to dump someone over a non-replied to text... It honestly sounds like one of the most unimportant things to care about in a relationship to me. The fact that your mood for the entire day, or the status of your relationship (not you, specifically) hinges on whether or not they replied good morning. Sometimes people are busy when it gets sent, and forget to reply once they are free. I do that.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Being in a relationship is like being castrated and then having to watch your manhood spiral around in a blender while you bleed to death

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
1. Someone finds you attractive and likes you and thinks you're hot.
2. Knowing someone has more fun with you than with other people, since they choose to spend their time with you.
3. Having intense conversations that are interesting and hilarious and feeling completely at ease so you actually talk about what matters to you without being self conscious.
4. Being pleasantly surprised and feeling cared for.
5. Wanting to spend your time with someone because they are awesome.
6. Facing the challenges of life (like SA or depression) as a team rather than by yourself.

Really depends on the relationship. I've experienced your version before but then there is also this version.
That made me tear up a bit. No joke. That lifted my mood a little thanks.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,379 Posts
my relationships weren't really the best for a number of reasons. I miss cuddling though a bit.

·
Banned
1,164 Posts
It varies.

my relationships weren't really the best for a number of reasons. I miss cuddling though a bit.
Honestly, I probably like cuddling more than sex. I'll cuddle with you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts