Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Socializing with myself
5,027 Posts
My whole entire chicken that I cooked in my skillet dropped on the hotel dirty roachy floor that no one cleans. My hotel was infested with roaches. I had roaches falling from the ceiling to my bed, and roaches crawling up and down on the wall like a moving escalator. At the time I was living in a hotel in Flordia called Claremont Kissimmee Hotel from Fall 2012 till eviction month of Spring 2014, and there's no kitchen counter. I just reheated my entire chicken and ate it. During those times I barely had any food to eat. I lived in hotels and motels for almost six years straight. I was just an online advertiser promoting my sponsor website, and creating blogs for backlinks. I also did research studies to help pay for the hotel rent.

I was 19 years old living in a hotel in Fall 2012. I graudated Highschool in NYC early summer of 2012. Before coming to Florida, I was living in a shelter and attending Highschool. The jobs in NYC ignored me, as well as the jobs in Florida.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,165 Posts
Can't be wasting good cake. That's against my religion.

I'd link that one clip from Friends but I've reached my daily limit (actually it just turned 12:01 am so I guess technically it's a new day.)

I dropped a jar of pasta sauce on the floor once so it broke

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,532 Posts
Nothing significant, but a seafood restaurant I worked at often had all sorts of mishaps. The wait staff were worked hard, and food was brought out on large trays, often stacked really high along with wine glasses. At least once a week, while going through the swinging door that exited the kitchen to the dining area there would be something that happened. They would kick the doors wide open, I'm surprised a customer never got smacked into, but sometimes they would hit it too hard, and it would come back at them fast while they had the tray elevated to their shoulder carrying the food out. Other times someone may have spilled something in the wait station and they would slip on that. It was a really fast paced environment, and I mostly just did dishwashing and prepped the food for the cooks so I never had any such incident. We were in another room, next to the kitchen and wait staff area, and it was so loud, and then everyone would get really quiet for a few seconds, even out in the dining area.

The craziest door incident I remember, was one of my bosses was lecturing a coworker and I about cloth napkins that we would toss from one end of the room to the other into a bin, sometimes they would miss the mark and being overworked that we were, we couldn't get to them in time. The bin was near one of the swinging doors, and he was bending over to pick up a rag while lecturing us and a waiter kicked in the door and it hit him hard on the head. The poor guy did not pass out at first, we were all worried about him, as he clung on to a shelf and told us he would be fine. He passed out a few seconds later, thankfully though he was not to severely hurt. We made sure to bring the napkin bin closer to us and away from the door after that. In my defense, as well as my coworker's we were only like around 13-15 at the time.

·
lagrimas negras
1,714 Posts
I don't remember. I did drop a hot chicken wing earlier today when I was taking them out the oven. I only had five to start with so I was kinda pissed but I'm over it now.

·
Administrator
8,919 Posts
I made nachos last year, but when I carried them to the loungeroom to eat them, I accidentally dropped the plate because of how hot it was. It broke in half and I had to make more nachos.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
😒🤡
6,284 Posts
A chocolate cake that had chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top. 😢 It was a sad day for me. The top was hard to take off so when I finally got it off, it spilled on the floor.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,958 Posts
Dropped about 3-4 heavy trays of food that my mom kept stacking on me to carry for a school potluck. I was around 6 at the time. She never really forgave me for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've never really dropped anything bigger than a stuffed cabbage. But not long ago.....

I have this recipe for this pizza crust that I love to make. It takes 3+ hours to prepare, then I roll it out and lay it across my 22" pie tray and stick it in the oven for 10 minutes, then I pull it out to make it. The sauce is made from scratch, but that was done while the dough was rising.

I put on the sauce, cheese and all the toppings in a nice organized and clean manner, as I always have to (major OCD). Stuck it in the oven for about 15 minutes on 500, and...... Before I go on, I have to say I have arthritis in my hand and carpal tunnel. Especially with the carpal tunnel, my wrists will give out on me, like when someone taps the back of your knee, only it does it on its own.

When I pulled the tray out of the oven, I made the mistake of only using one hand and well..... My wrist threw a fit and gave out, which caused the tray to shift, and once it did, gravity took over. The pie landed face first on the ground.......... I was so livid........ So starving......... I was almost in tears. Over 4 hours of work and waiting and...... my god, my stomach still hurts just thinking about it...... Oh well, time to finish my cupcake I am not supposed to have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts