Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Sorry if i have picked an inappropriate board but this seemed most suited.

I am 21 year old male in England. I suspect i have undiagnosed autism.

I am living under my dads roof and on the dole. (in the UK job seekers allowance) i have been refused Employment and Support Allowance(for those unable to work) the first time i requested it in November last year as i had to much anxiety to even go to the doctors for years, i just got sent to a counselor and he referred me to a cognitive behavioral therapist but i was told a 4 month waiting time so so that should be due in April as i saw the therapist in December.

Because i am on Job seekers allowance, and have been unemployed for a while i have had to do 2 weeks work experience, Laboring. Which has proved too much, getting took the piss out of constantly there. I thought i would have hacked it for 2 weeks to keep my benefit money but there's no way I'll last so i will get money stopped if i quit it.

So tomorrow I'm just going to go to the hospital and tell them i think i may harm myself or others, this will be a struggle and i will likely have a breakdown doing this. They probably won't even believe me because of how frail and quiet i look.

I have no money so i can't go in to paid mental health care, where will they send me?

Sorry for tldr and poor grammar.

Appreciate any info, thanks.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Well I don't know about the UK but in the US you would be put in a county mental hospital and given mediocre treatment. I'd talk with your therapist or psychiatrist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts