Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard from a freind that i havent heard from for a long time today.

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I smiled and said hi to this very attractive neighbor of mine and seemed like she shy'd away. People are funny man
lol. yea. people are funny, to say the least. thats good though. before long maybe youll be askin her out.

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thought that I may find a new friend to talk to online...I've got so much to give, share, listen to and so on. At this point in my life, I'm kind of forced to stay on the dl irl so I really don't have anyone to talk to and am lonely. The past five years, I've always had one of two girls (the last one i was with for four and a half years and before that I was with a girl in cali for a year and a half) that I would wake beside or holding onto. Call me a pus*y but I am so lonely.

I'll find a friend. I'm not trying to start a relationship...far from it. just somebody who's non-judgmental and is willing to share and listen.

It's hard to stay positive. So hard. I'm trying. I hope you all are able as well. Just trying. The act of giving it a shot...that's what it's all about :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I thought I lost a good friend of mine because she wasn't replying to my messages on facebook but it would say that she saw it. I thought she was cutting me out of her life and it made me feel so sad and like I was really unlikable. I was upset about this for WEEKS. But today she got back to me! Turns out I was overthinking the whole thing and she probably just saw the messages and forgot to reply or was busy or something. This feels like a load off my shoulders.

·
Banned
2,320 Posts
i've finally got a little bit of money... better than nothing I suppose

·
Registered
13 Posts
I feel really good that I joined this website and started a path to focusing on feeling positive every day, and being able to connect with other people about it! It's hard to find a community in which to do that online, and I am too ill to get out much. So I'm really proud of myself for trying to find a new way when other things weren't working for me, so I can enjoy my daily life more. I'm feeling good about today because who knows? - this could be the first day of a really positive journey for me in my life! I'm glad I tried. Where there is hope, there is life.

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a girl was going to kill herself, I guess we saved her life.
Well, that's certainly a positive thing :) Was this "girl" a friend of yours? How did you get into the position to be able to save her?

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel really good that I joined this website and started a path to focusing on feeling positive every day, and being able to connect with other people about it! It's hard to find a community in which to do that online, and I am too ill to get out much. So I'm really proud of myself for trying to find a new way when other things weren't working for me, so I can enjoy my daily life more. I'm feeling good about today because who knows? - this could be the first day of a really positive journey for me in my life! I'm glad I tried. Where there is hope, there is life.
I'm really glad to read this! It sounds like you've got the right type of mindset. being positive can become terribly difficult but we *must* find the silver linings, little things that make us happy, maybe by helping others, just whatever it is. Good for yoU :) I've been struggling with the being positive thing lately so it's nice to read an encouraging post like yours! Keep up the good work :)

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got out of bed today and refuse to give up. (that's all i've got for today)

·
World Experimenter
724 Posts
I was entering a train and looking out the window. A little boy looked blur at the train station today, his mommy next to him was sitting next to him, trying to make him laugh while she made him look at the people around him. The mother looked at me and just smiled, so I smiled back at her.

A smile can really make your day! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've lived in my house for a year & never really spoke to my neighbours - just the odd awkward wave hello. Today one of the neighbour's kids called out to me just to say Hi and we chatted for a little bit. She was really sweet & it made me feel nice that she came over. Now I feel a little bad about not saying hi sooner haha. Oh well.

·
Banned
8,760 Posts
I had an awesome weekend with my kids and my parents (thank u mom & dad!). Friday night we saw the Dynamo play (Major League Soccer) in really good lower level seats, and Saturday night saw Billy Currington at the HLSR, again really good lower level seats, did the carnival, and the livestock show. Today we chalked in NBA lines on his driveway and played, and spent the afternoon playing cards. Was a pretty awesome start to their spring break.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts