Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there :D I was poking around, trying to figure out what could fix whatever is wrong with me, and found this place.

My name's Brittany, I'm a high school student, and although I haven't been formerly diagnosed with social anxiety, it's quite obvious it's there. Any place with people makes me want to curl up and die, even if I know them. Knowing that someone is looking at me and judging me is a horrible fear, and I'm terrible at friend, or even acquaintance making, sometimes I just don't see the need. I have had the same three friends since first grade, and although they've expanded their social circles, mine has stayed the same. Talking to people is just terrifying whether in real life, or online. For some reason, this anxiety get's much, much worse when I'm around my parents. It's like they have some magic nerve shattering dust around them; I can barely speak when in their presence.

I can act like a wonderful little socialite if the time calls, and can jump around, pulling my friends around town, calling them the lazy, antisocial ones, for whatever reasons my mind has decided. But when it comes down to how I really feel, my heart is pounding, and my ears are waiting for some words of recognition. Really, I just want people to like me, and to not do anything wrong.

I've never thought of this as a disorder until recently, I've just thought of it as simply me, but now I hope to get to know some people that hopefully feel some of the same things I do.

Boy, that sure was a lot ^.^'
Thanks for reading, thanks for having me n_n

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Brittany, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered