Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get out of it. But what do I say to people when they begin to ask me questions. I prefer not to tell about my years of isolation.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
You could always lie. I know it's kinda frowned upon, but you wouldn't feel better telling them how isolated you've been anyway. You could tell them you've been taking a few classes, hanging out with your friends or helping your family, working, and that you plan to further your education..that's how I go about it. It's pretty generic and they probably won't ask too much about it, aside from what classes you take and what work you're looking for.

I would save the isolation thing for close future friends

Orrr if you're not really comfortable lying, maybe you could just say that the last few years haven't been so good, but you're working on it. That's good too. Maybe I should erase the part about lying..

·
Registered
267 Posts
I always lie and am very selective with who I tell the truth to. I'd prefer not to tell people who I know will judge me and offer nothing helpful besides make me feel like I'm just lazy, when its far from the case.

·
electric
6,777 Posts
If people are curious about what you've been up to keep it to the recent stuff without the big picture. I think only your family or friends who already know you would be nosier than that. Or shake it off with something noncommittal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts