Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you're family left you, your children and your spouse, one day you get home and you noticed they packed everything and they never pick up the phone, they left a note that says they are never coming back, it's for something you did wrong many years ago and until now they decided to leave you, this is a serious question because this might happen to my dad in a few months, I think he might kill himself, I'm going to tell my mom not to do it because he will most likely do it

·
Registered
210 Posts
It happened to a relative of mine and he did kill himself :(

They should talk to him about it instead of just leaving him.

And especially since this happened years ago, he deserves forgiveness...

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happened to a relative of mine and he did kill himself :(

They should talk to him about it instead of just leaving him.

And especially since this happened years ago, he deserves forgiveness...
damn, how did the person who left him react?

·
Registered
210 Posts
She was extremely shocked (she was considering going back to him when it happened) :(

Nobody thought he would commit suicide (he had an operation just two before).

·
I'm a Spartan.
680 Posts
So you're saying if she leave it will be her fault if he kill himself?

First thing, suicide is a self act. I don't feel your mom should make that stop her from doing what she wanna do. She didn't kill HER self when he did something wrong to them long time ago? Did she?

·
Registered
370 Posts
If I was the leaver: 20 minutes after leaving, I'd call a buddy of his and say that he may need someone to stay with him at the house for a few days.

If I was the left: Anger, Disbelief, Thinking through every possibility, every route that got us to that point, Rolling in emotions (I deal with emotions by submerging myself fully, since I only have the emotional range of a puddle, there's no fear of drowning), Talk to someone, Talk to someone else, Time, Acceptance

It all depends on who you're leaving and how well they'll be able to deal with complex emotions.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,379 Posts
oh, I imagine I'd be very devastated. Especially if it came completely out of the blue. People should communicate...

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Whatever happened years ago, she has not resolved that conflict with her husband and she's been carrying the frustration for years. So now she's ready to give up. She needs to communicate with him and try to work things out. Restoration is possible. Talk her into going to marriage counseling.

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
she's not obligated to stay simply because he threatens suicide; she is not his babysitter -- however, she should try to talk to him, resolve whatever issues there are, and/or perhaps make a compromise.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Call a suicide hot line or some other professional asap. If you have tough questions about anything involving suicide you need to take that deadly serious and talk to someone better trained than s.a.s. and don't hesitate either.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't see what it accomplishes by just walking out like that. Is it something really that bad that it is unspeakable? I mean sh1t, why would you wait so long to leave then? I really don't get it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts