Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

So your out and about, say at a store, and an unfamiliar face approaches you from out of nowhere exc

• C. Indifferent. Your not freaked out, but not interested in chatting either.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Mortified!! You completely deny the whole thing and sneak towards the exit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I picked A. I would be really nervous though. Meeting anyone I don't know with SA or not makes me nervous. :sas

·
Registered
91 Posts
D. all the way. :lol I'd run. It has nothing to do with you fine people, its all of my insecurities. meh. :cig

·
SAS Member
14,430 Posts
A and B
I would be very nervous, but i would do it anyway. It's not everyday you can meet someone who you can relate to. Could be fun :stu :popcorn

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cement said:
I'll likely say something like 'Greetings honorable SAS citizen; let us proceed and have coffee in an enchanted hut which is not too crowded. What say thee?"
:haha .............hut? :con

whats up with the avatars of eyes and lips? maybe i should take a picture of my toe? mz
:lol Yeah, go for it. I was thinking of doing my elbow next time. :b

If everybody does one body part, we could morph them into one, ultimate SAS member! :banana

:um somehow I'm sure that wouldn't be too pretty. :troll

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW, I voted A. Although my first instinct would probably be to deny, I would be excited to have some sort of connection with someone so yeah, I think it'd be cool.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd be really suspicious, considering I have yet to post a picture of myself.

Nah, I'd be thrilled. I'd be really interested in speaking with someone who I know can rekate to at least spome of my issues.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I would be thrilled unless I was with someone I knew...then I would deny the whole thing. I'd be embarassed to admit I have social anxiety to my friends and family.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I think a little bit of A and a little bit of B. I have met someone from this board before and it was great but that meeting was arranged ahead of time. If someone like approached me in a store I think I would be freaked out at first and would feel compelled to deny it, unless of course they admitted to me that they have SA themselves, in that case I would be thrilled.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Re: What would you do if...."Hey, I know you.......from

I went with B. This is a very hypothetical question. I've given out everything short of my street address on SAS and still none of you have found me. I think I'm the only person to give out my full real name on SAS (click on my e-mail link and you can guess my name -- the 'J' stands for John).

·
Registered
165 Posts
I voted A but B also applies to me. I would be thrilled but ofcourse I would be weirded out, I have SAS. I would live through it tho.

:banana

1 - 20 of 60 Posts