Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Playing video games and listening to music, not much different than now other than missing out on a few things the internet offers.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Same things I do, now, actually.
Only I'd have talk to people on the phone, instead of IMs and emails.
And I wouldn't know, or have known, a lot of people that I know or knew.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Well I spent a little over half of my life without internet so I would probably be doing what I did back then, which was watching tv and playing video games, or hanging out with friends if I had any here.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Didn't have internet the first 26 years of my life, I can think I can survive. Didn't have a color tv until I was 12, had a rotary dial phone until I was 20, and didn't have a fuel injected vehicle until I was 31. I even survived all of that. :lol

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I think I'd be a different person if I hadn't had internet access all these years. I definitely wouldn't be where I am now and I probably wouldn't be pursuing the things I currently am, so I can't say what I'd be doing.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I think I'd be a different person if I hadn't had internet access all these years. I definitely wouldn't be where I am now and I probably wouldn't be pursuing the things I currently am, so I can't say what I'd be doing.
Same. I've pretty much been addicted since age ~10. Major-league nerd here.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I would invent the internet to make life worth living again.

·
Banned
850 Posts
who knows probably something alot more interesting than sitting on my *** in front of a computer screen night after night creating the the stinkiest fart ridden cushion in the history of mankind. but dam would i ever miss all the free entertainment and information.

·
Registered
492 Posts
very interesting question, because when my first laptop died on me, i was devastated like a loved one died. i felt i had nothing, and i just watched tv all day. the same would happen if i was ever in a position with out tv. Sad really because i have so many hobbies and interest but with these two awesome inventions i rarely do any of them. Its pretty pathetic, i fantasize about a life where i rarely if ever watch tv and only use my computer to do productive thing. (design, im a graphic designer, write, etc.) damn will power

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,072 Posts
I spent a year without the internet a couple years back, once you pas the first couple weeks it's no bother at all. I actually took to the radio more than anything, plus a bit of reading & TV. Keep in mind though that I don't use the net for pure time wasting like many do. I rarely ever look up funny vids/pages or take quizzes or things of that nature of my own accord. If someone sends me a link then I may check it. Basically what I'm saying is half of what some here would miss about the net I wasn't missing out on anyway when I was without it

·
Registered
784 Posts
I spent 9 weeks without the internet at home this year, of my own free will, just to see if I could do it. It wasn't totally miserable, but I went from watching no TV whatsoever to channel surfing every night. That kind of defeated the purpose.

I think I was 10 when I first got dialup internet access...to be honest, a lot of my hobbies were dead ends by that point, I liked to play basketball but I was never going to be any good. I definitely would have spent a lot more time going outside and trying to socialize, though.

Sad really because i have so many hobbies and interest but with these two awesome inventions i rarely do any of them. Its pretty pathetic, i fantasize about a life where i rarely if ever watch tv and only use my computer to do productive thing. (design, im a graphic designer, write, etc.) damn will power
Right there with you, man. I'm a computer programmer, throwing away my computers isn't really an option. Maybe I should rethink my life.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think I'd be in the mental asylum. :afr

But maybe... maybe...

Since I'd get so bored at home, it would actually be a lot easier to get accomplishments done in real life. The internet is my biggest distraction for me when it comes to setting real life goals that need to be met. Focusing on, say studying, will be difficult when the computer is 3 feet away.

Hell it might even cure my SA since the insanity would force me to just go outside and try something.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts