Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter what we fight each other, When we're religious we are blinded by the "Light". When were are atheist we become to "rational" and start to see people as numbers, And other people's live seem to lose value to us. And after a while I really can't even tell the difference between a Deist, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, etc. They all just look like monkeys fighting over rotten bananas.

Each side thinks they're right, Each side pushes their agenda towards they other. Refusing to give way to the other. When two things see each other as opposites then there will always be conflict. Often times people dedicate their entire lives towards this conflict.

The only way people seem to have ever been to unify is when they were fight another enemy. Why can't we all unify for a greater cause? Put aside religion, Beliefs, Dis-beliefs, etc. And say "Bro, Isn't they're something else we should be doing besides fighting? Let's go develop warp-speed or create light sabers or something".

·
Eh?
759 Posts
Nope, its never going to happen. Religion does play a part, but it's not the biggest problem, we'll still kill each other without religion

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, its never going to happen. Religion does play a part, but it's not the biggest problem, we'll still kill each other without religion
Auron, I just watched 100's of auron videos on youtube. Anyway, Yeah I guess your right. Let's just hope humans become stupid enough to reproduce faster than they can kill each other.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't want to sound like a downer, but there will always be those looking for the truth no matter the alternative. There will always be non-religious and religious people throughout human history up until the point that we may destroy ourselves or just be kept silent much like Galileo in which there would be no religious or critical thinking to inhabit our minds.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
I just think it will take time.

Once all nations are as interconnected as places like Europe have become in the last 50 years then I think there will be much less hostility as there will be too many mutual interests, especially economically.

The wars that the countries of old fought are now unthinkable and while some of those countries are now warring with rouge developing states, it's nothing like as bad as what it's been in the past.

We've never had less war and violence.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
I still want war, I want humans to entertain me for a while longer. In reality I think only a massive world war lll like in star trek, or advanced intelligence forcing humans to. World War ll forced the formation of the U.N.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Human beings like conflict, power and greed, religion is just another excuse. In thousands or even millions of years, a mighty meteor will take us out (it's inevitable), but there will be life on mars, and so it begins again. :)

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
In thousands or even millions of years, a mighty meteor will take us out (it's inevitable)
Hence the importance of us having extraterrestrial colonies before that happens.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
If any are capable of conceiving of higher purpose. If we all surrendered our animal instincts tomorrow, I doubt anyone would know what to do, I feel we would have negated ourselves; as we already have to some extent. I feel the search for a higher purpose can mislead people too. What is the highest humans are capable of? Does the collective abstract curiosity lead people into dreams so far away from what there is already? Why look to other worlds if one day when the sun is gone we don't know what is left will still die in the way we conceive of death? The higher longing for infinite worlds and the idea of progress may be used to keep people chained in hopeful expectation indefinitely. A higher longing instilled in the majority may be used by those in power to guide them into patient obeyance. Longing for a distant future pardons all too human actions of the present. Perhaps those who believe aren't the rats climbing the lice ridden leaf pile.

Perhaps after a few centuries if we continue without more inclusive war people will begin to scream louder for it. I don't necessarily view war as a negative. I feel our sense of purpose has until now been guided by morality which has in turn been guided by conflict of this world.

·
Monkey man
240 Posts
I... World War ll forced the formation of the U.N.
Which absolutely failed to fulfil its purpose. Some organizations linked to the UN may do some relief, but UN itself is pretty useless, watch Hotel Rwanda for example.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
Hence the importance of us having extraterrestrial colonies before that happens.
:yes

Which absolutely failed to fulfil its purpose. Some organizations linked to the UN may do some relief, but UN itself is pretty useless, watch Hotel Rwanda for example.
Corrupted because of it's useless representative system, any representative system will fail. Actually I should change my username, doesn't fit with my views.

·
mooh
22 Posts
Never going to happen. There will always be some idiot ready to start a fight.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Never going to happen. There will always be some idiot ready to start a fight.
On the individual level yes, but on the larger collective level, possibly not.

History shows us proper social integration trumps conflict on the state level.

The numerous parallel and sometimes conflicting and competing cultures that exist on earth are increasingly becoming diluted, and with dilution comes peace.

Remove the extreme contrasts and you have shades of peace.

We'll all be shades of brown one day.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The fact that the UN exists at all is a great acheivment and should be a hope for some international law, Sierra Leone the situation in Mali, the UN is actually doing something where previously they would have just killed each other.

·
0bsolete
36 Posts
There will always be people believing themselves to be the rightful ones to claim what belongs to others, there is always going to be those that will want to be above others, "better", thinking they know how to live and have a right to force others to live the same, to have more control etc. Not to sound negative, but honestly there's very slim chances of a world peace as a possibility.

Still, if we could find a common cause... sadly, I think what would unite us wouldn't be peace, but another war with a third side.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Removal of religion, education, and the presence of justice especially in the crackdown and severe punishment of those involved in corruption.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts