Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you want to be as a kid?

This topic has kinda been on my mind a lot lately from growing up wanting to be something as a kid to the point where I had no idea what I wanted to do later on when I was older due to not thinking I would be able to perform or be smart enough to do it and close off options to myself.

For me it was being a Police officer, its been in the back of my mind forever and as of a few months ago I've really began to thing about it a lot more seriously, just always looked like an incredible amount of fun and enjoyment.

So what was it you wanted to be when you were growing up? Do you still want to do this? Are you working towards this? Are you this?!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wild?

Well someone had to say it. :D

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
No way to know until I'm gone, I guess.

I always wanted to be a cowboy when I was a little kid though. My Grandpa bought me a pair of cowboy boots for Christmas one year and I refused to ever take them off. I even slept in them and used to wear them combined with shorts. If you saw the pictures you'd realize how brave that was. :lol

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I sometimes think I was born to be one of life's losers. After all, there has to be losers so other people can feel like winners, eh? I probably would also make a good doormat, as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
my self esteem has stopped me from pinpointing what I want to do. When I was growing up, I always wanted to be an artist. I tried drawing, I sucked at it. I tried music, I sucked at it. I tried acting, I sucked at it. After realizing how uncreative I was, I decided I wanted to be a scientist... but eventually the self esteem killed that dream too. I wasn't smart enough.

Now at 24, I still have no idea what to do with my life. But anyway, before my self esteem and reality killed my childhood dreams. I would say I wanted to grow up to be an artist.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I have no idea-I used to think I'd like to be a writer,but alas,I have no talent for that. I think it would be fascinating to be a psychiatrist-but I'm not bright enough for that either! I don't think I have a particular niche I'm supposed to fill-I envy people who know exactly what they want to do and have the skills to go with it. I always feel aimless and scared.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hehe I was thinking 'alive'.
This was the first thing I thought of followed by Born to Be Bad, I couldn't find a video for it though, oh well.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ive had dreams that I thought was my destiny come and go. When I was 20 I could of worked with an airline. I love flying and travel. So I guessed that would be a good job for me. Well.. somehow I lost that passion and my motivation for pursueing that interest. Its still something Id love to be (in another life lol). But I think Ive given up. :(
Another long time passion Ive had is with bird welfare and Im terrified of loosing my passion, because everyone thinks its stupid and I get no encouragment or support from the people close to me. I just LOVE birds and want to help them! Perhaps a vet nurse for a bird clinic? A wildlife carer for birds? A bird rescuer?
So the only thing Ive ever knew for sure that I was born to be, was a mother. Perhaps its just my primitive maternal instinct. So now its actually happening. I'm terrified that this is all I was born to be.

·
(.*?)
6,697 Posts
Growing up, I wanted to be either a science-fiction author or a self-employed computer programmer who wouldn't have to talk to people. The latter has worked out so far, though I'd always imagined making real money.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
When I was little, I wanted to be a museum curator (seriously).

I'm probably going to wind up being a teacher, though.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts