Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email from my school saying they have two reported cases of H1N1 on campus. It stated that they would notify the students of their classes so they could take precaution. Well guess what? I'm in their Organic Chem class! Not only that, but they also have their Organic lab at the same time that I do, which means they were part of the group that we always sat with outside waiting for out TAs to unlock the doors! Oh and get this. On Wednesday the majority of students from THAT lab section switched to MY lab section because they hated their TA.

Ahh I'm freaking out. I probably don't even have it, but now I'm all paranoid because I'm so close to whoever had it! We only had one week of summer school left too. Oh gosh.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Eh, Unless you are an infant or an elder you are fine. It's no worse than normal flu. People die from the flu every year, so since there is a flu epidemic everyone is going crazy.

I had the swine flu last month, lol.

Just a fever then my throat was sore for 2 weeks. No biggie really.

·
Registered
761 Posts
ew

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eh, Unless you are an infant or an elder you are fine. It's no worse than normal flu. People die from the flu every year, so since there is a flu epidemic everyone is going crazy.

I had the swine flu last month, lol.

Just a fever then my throat was sore for 2 weeks. No biggie really.
Ah that's a relief. My sister was trying to freak me out by telling me how people have already died from it in the US. I'm totally freaking myself out enough as it is since I have a headache and I almost never get headaches. Ah I should calm down. :afr

Although... on the bright side, if I got it, then at least I'd have a good excuse to miss finals. I'd also rather get it after having a warning that I could because if I hadn't then I'd probably just think I had a normal sickness and would never go to the doctor for that.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ah that's a relief. My sister was trying to freak me out by telling me how people have already died from it in the US.
45 people have died to it (in the U.S.)...

17,855 cases, 45 deaths

Which is like 0.25% fatality rate. Or a 99.75% chance of surviving.

Worth noting that the label "pandemic" has nothing to do with the severity of an illness, it's based on the geographical spread of it. There have been cases of swine flu in every state, so they're calling it a pandemic. Personally I think it's a stupid thing to do unless their goal is to panic people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts