·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creative Writing, followed closely by Chemistry

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Wow, I have had a ton of classes in my time.

Spanish, Music, Chemistry, Worldviews, Computer Science ones (various types).

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
creative writing, California history and american history. I was never so lucky as to have an art class.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
^ pickleball? What the - ?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
^ I had that once - it got better after a course of antibiotics. ;)

English with Mrs L - she looked like a young Carol Drinkwater. She was quite free-spirited and her wardrobe malfunctions had a big impact on an impressionable young mind.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Probably genetics, our teacher liked to stand in front of girls he though was hot and flex very subtly. He also explained in one lecture the genetics of jessica alba for some reason. He was very funny is that oh he's so painful to watch kind of ways.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
History and geography in high school. In college, my favorite courses were probably the history of telecommunications and a philosophy course on existentialism.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Astronomy, Entomology (especially the lab, we went on real "field trips!"), Sculpting 101, & Oil Painting... I miss college.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
Precalculus and Cal I

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
My favorite class EVER!? I don't think I could pick just one! I've had some pretty amazing teachers....

1) Journalism: I took it for 3 years (sophomore-senior) and loved it. Our teacher was the most insane, short old man. Half the things he said didn't make sense. But he was very supportive of our ideas and efforts for the newspaper.
2) English 12 AP/GT: It was such a hard class and the teacher was tough but he was also hilarious. He spoke his mind ALL of the time...and he had lots to say.
3) World History Honors: Our teacher was British - just hearing another accent during the day was a plus. He was very much into technology and using it to our advantage at every opportunity. It was easy to stay connected to the class even while outside of it.
4) Art I: The teacher turned Wheel of Fortune on every class and after it was over he would play some Spanish radio station (he was learning Spanish because he wanted to take his girlfriend to Spain).
6) Computer Science I: Our teacher would rant about "the world today" and always referenced South Park in his argument, haha. He was so awkward, too, as was half the students, and I loved it.
7) Astronomy: I usually hate science courses but the teacher was so awesome. He told us stories about his life and we all ate during the class and shared our food with him. Plus, the astronomy picture of the day was always beautiful.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Astronomy, I also enjoyed the Spanish class I took in highschool the teacher was quite the joker and made it really fun.

·
gnomely
228 Posts
I have a few. :blush (I'm not very good at narrowing things down.)

ANTH 493 - Cross-Cultural Studies of Women
(This was maddeningly difficult socially, but the subject matter was compelling beyond words. In a perverse way, I loved the terror of having to write a several-page essay for each exam, within a 50-minute class period -- and having my essays used as an example of how the exam questions should be answered.)
GER 201/202 - Intermediate German I/II
(I've had very few more joyful moments, than giving a presentation entirely in German and blasting selections from Carmina Burana in the process. Unfortunately, my German is now horribly rusty.)
PHIL 211 - Honors Introduction to Logic
(This was taught by the most scatterbrained and Quine-obsessed professor I've ever encountered. I took this course during my first semester at college, and it really established for me a sense - whether this is a good or bad thing, I'm not sure - that I was going to college not to get a job to make more money, but to nourish myself as a thinking person.)
ENGL 222 - Survey of British Literature II
(I had a wonderful professor for this course, who also taught me basic elements of Anglo-Saxon on his own time the following summer. I also became good friends with a classmate, a very kind and talented poet.)
ART 121 - Drawing I
(Although my portfolio was lost/stolen/recycled for useable paper, I still have a lovely reminder of this course - a sketch-collage that I made of Hieronymus Bosch paintings.)

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
It's hard to say. I took a course on James Joyce's Ulysses in my master's program that was quite a bit of fun.

There are an awful lot of courses that I wish I could go back and retake, though. Sometimes I wish I could do over my whole formal education and put more effort into it than I did. I don't feel like I've learned nearly as much as someone with my level of education ought to have learned. You only get out of your education what you put into it, and I don't think I ever put in nearly enough, even though I seemed to do well on the surface by getting good grades and such.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it would have to be study hall, just sitting there doing nothing on most days. It was my last class of the day so I would usually be sitting next to my best friend and have a mashed up big pretzel stuffed one of the pockets of my backpack that I bought at lunch. I would pretend to drop my pencil and reach down to get it, but while I was down there I'd also grab a piece of pretzel then bring it back up and pretend to cough or yawn and eat it when I covered my mouth. My friend knew what I was doing so after I put a piece in my mouth I would pretend to choke to death and start shaking uncontrollably and would crack him up so bad. The class was dead silent so you couldn't make the slightest sound during this.

This was in about the 7th or 8th grade.

·
Haters to the left.
2,699 Posts
Favorite class in high school: Art, of course. I took it all four years.

Favorite class in college: Humanities.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts