Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate reading long books, I like it to be no more than 400 but when I started reading this book I couldn't stop.

It- Stephen King, 1092 pages

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I had to read Anna Karenina by Tolstoy in the tenth grade or something. It was 817 pages of long. I'm currently reading one on the six wives of Henry VIII, 765 pages. Depends on how tall the book is and the size of the print and such for how much you're actually reading though. Word count would be more accurate, but a hell of a lot more difficult.

Edit: I read my biology textbook pretty much front to back last semester because I'm a huge nerd. It was 821 pages.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
'what it takes' by richard ben cramer.

great book. read it in when i was 16 or 17. if i remember correctly it is somewhere around 1100 pages.

great book. written in a stream of consciousness style that i admire.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Anna Karenina or The Count of Monte Cristo.

I'm reading Les Miserables right now, but I haven't finished it yet. That clocks in at about 1500 pages.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. :heart 981 pages plus endnotes. Everyone must read.

I also tried to read Remembrance of Things Past, but it didn't work. They spent too much time talking about people who I didn't know.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Well, the Age of Misrule "trilogy" was about 1500 pages. But that was three novels in one volume.

I think we had this thread before. I was reading the book at the time. Took three weeks.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Cryptonomicon had the most pages of anything I've read in the past few years (1152). It took me a month to get through. I don't know if it's the longest ever, though. Longest recent non-fiction would probably be my Behavioral Neuroscience textbook.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
The Hobbit

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,710 Posts
toxic psychiatry by dr. peter breggin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts