Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
4221 - 4234 of 4234 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
A 12 inch T-Fal pan. Ummmm....it's a little....bigger than I realized. It didn't look that big in the store. I got it because the small 8 inch one was handle-heavy and a bit limiting in what it could be used for. I like it but it's massive on our tiny stove! :lol

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
The book The Life of Pi. I'm just waiting on it to get here. Might be awhile before I read it since I'm currently catching up on a couple books. Can't wait to get it in the mail. Been wanting to read it for years. Heard it was good.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,943 Posts
/me dusts off thread..

I purchased a Kindle Fire 8", they are half price right now so I decided to go for it. My trusty RCA Cambio is getting really sluggish, and can not play videos reliably anymore, and I needed something that is easy to transport and that I can rest on my treadmill to watch videos on. I would just use my phone, but that I use to count my steps so it has to stay in my pocket.

So far, I'm impressed, I don't like their appstore so I installed google play on it and it works pretty good. I just spent the past hour downloading perfect world mobile, and logged in and it runs pretty smoothly so far. This is the cheaper one with 2gb of ram, and 32gb of memory - it is expandable via sd card and I read somewhere you can move apps to the SD card - if so then that is cool. It said 12 hours of use, but I doubt it will make it that long when I'm playing around on it.

Anyway, I'm happy with it - I look forward to reading a few books on it later.

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
/me dusts off thread..

I purchased a Kindle Fire 8", they are half price right now so I decided to go for it. My trusty RCA Cambio is getting really sluggish, and can not play videos reliably anymore, and I needed something that is easy to transport and that I can rest on my treadmill to watch videos on. I would just use my phone, but that I use to count my steps so it has to stay in my pocket.

So far, I'm impressed, I don't like their appstore so I installed google play on it and it works pretty good. I just spent the past hour downloading perfect world mobile, and logged in and it runs pretty smoothly so far. This is the cheaper one with 2gb of ram, and 32gb of memory - it is expandable via sd card and I read somewhere you can move apps to the SD card - if so then that is cool. It said 12 hours of use, but I doubt it will make it that long when I'm playing around on it.

Anyway, I'm happy with it - I look forward to reading a few books on it later.
I have the (much older) Kindle Fire 7". I got it probably in 2016 around this time of year for like $35 so I was never disappointed with it's limitations. And I will say that battery was and still is a lot better than I expected when I bought it. I just left it as it was. I tried to install Google Play on it a time or two but screwed up and ended up just restoring it to factory state. I usually end up using the Fire to tweak the settings for my Echo Dot because the Alexa app eats my phone battery fast (cheap phone). This is usually a great time of year to buy the Amazon stuff as they're practically giving it away.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
@WillYouStopDave It has been going for about two hours now, perhaps a little longer and it is at 77% so I think you are right. I also just added a remote for our FireStick, and it works good. My wife has amazon prime on her account, so I created a second profile for her and it carried over to mine so I can use it anytime. Now I have a bunch of free books to read, and can watch prime videos - yay 🙃 The only problem, is it is downloading all of her books right now, it has been going for about half an hour.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Bought gas this morning and ordered cat litter.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Cyberpunk 2077 - it is for sale on steam, at half price.

Currently it is downloading, and I should be able to play it tomorrow. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this game, but hopefully it will be worth my time. I'm honestly fine with bugs most of the time, so long as they are entertaining, like with Skyrim. I was surprised to find it will run on my laptop, considering this was a budget gaming laptop I purchased four years ago. I don't expect it will run fantastic, but I do think it will run well enough.

This will be the newest game I have purchased in a while, I think the last was Shadowlands for World of Warcraft.. which I got a couple hundred hours of gameplay from. I usually wait for the games to come down drastically in price before purchasing them, being that we are close to Black Friday they have come down enough for me to splurge. It was either going to be this game, or GTA5 which was around the same price.. I hope I made the right choice.

I feel kind of spoiled now, a new kindle fire and a game. The kindle has been awesome btw, I've been reading a book on it and really enjoying the 8 inch form factor which fits in my hands easily, like a novel in my hands - I get a kick out of the page turn animation which I have seen before, but is always a nice touch. Also it handles games pretty well. The only complaint I have, is that the power button is very easy to hit while playing games and I have found myself pushing it by accident occasionally which will lock the screen. I have found ways to disable it, but have decided against doing so as it requires a bit of work and I can just as easily change my muscle memory to accommodate for it.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
Cyberpunk 2077 - it is for sale on steam, at half price.

Currently it is downloading, and I should be able to play it tomorrow. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this game, but hopefully it will be worth my time. I'm honestly fine with bugs most of the time, so long as they are entertaining, like with Skyrim. I was surprised to find it will run on my laptop, considering this was a budget gaming laptop I purchased four years ago. I don't expect it will run fantastic, but I do think it will run well enough.

This will be the newest game I have purchased in a while, I think the last was Shadowlands for World of Warcraft.. which I got a couple hundred hours of gameplay from. I usually wait for the games to come down drastically in price before purchasing them, being that we are close to Black Friday they have come down enough for me to splurge. It was either going to be this game, or GTA5 which was around the same price.. I hope I made the right choice.

I feel kind of spoiled now, a new kindle fire and a game. The kindle has been awesome btw, I've been reading a book on it and really enjoying the 8 inch form factor which fits in my hands easily, like a novel in my hands - I get a kick out of the page turn animation which I have seen before, but is always a nice touch. Also it handles games pretty well. The only complaint I have, is that the power button is very easy to hit while playing games and I have found myself pushing it by accident occasionally which will lock the screen. I have found ways to disable it, but have decided against doing so as it requires a bit of work and I can just as easily change my muscle memory to accommodate for it.
Hmm it's on sale on gog.com too. Tempting but I'm wondering whether to wait longer before playing because I don't have immediate plans to play. I know Skyrim is £9.99 on steam now, and I think I've seen it get to really low prices during sales (+ The Witcher 3 is 4.99 now, and GoTY edition is 6.99) so if I wait long enough it will probably go down more in the next few years... Hmmmmm. Might wait. I prefer to buy stuff off steam if possible too these days.

Reactions: zonebox

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
The Witcher 3 is 4.99 now
Oooh :D I think I might buy that as well. I purchased Skyrim a while ago, and Oblivion, I would like to get Resident Evil but even at the price it is now it is a bit too steep for me. Like yourself, I usually wait around till they come down in price, $30 is a rare treat for a game, but $50 is still too much for me to justify a purchase and that is what they want for resident evil at this time.

I just started playing Cyberpunk 2077 about an hour ago, unfortunately it is a holiday here so I haven't had much of a chance to really dig my teeth into it.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,770 Posts
Oooh :D I think I might buy that as well. I purchased Skyrim a while ago, and Oblivion, I would like to get Resident Evil but even at the price it is now it is a bit too steep for me. Like yourself, I usually wait around till they come down in price, $30 is a rare treat for a game, but $50 is still too much for me to justify a purchase and that is what they want for resident evil at this time.

I just started playing Cyberpunk 2077 about an hour ago, unfortunately it is a holiday here so I haven't had much of a chance to really dig my teeth into it.
Oh yeah I bought Skyrim the day it came out on ps3 because I was having PC problems at the time I think, and then later on PC. I couldn't really wait for that one lol. (just realised my other post was vague I just bought Skyrim up, because it's another triple A game that went down a lot in price over the years.) I now have multiple copies of different versions of both Oblivion and Skyrim because I was also given a copy of Oblivion by someone else who I used to live with who wanted to get rid of it or something. I can't remember now but I had the GoTY edition on PC, and I think everyone else in the house also already owned it because everyone was a game dev student and they obviously had multiple copies.

Oh yeah it's thanksgiving. I'm mostly aware of that happening because of all the sales that happen around that time online. 🤣 (We don't have thanksgiving here obviously, but shops irl and online adopted the black Friday thing in the past few years anyway.)

Reactions: zonebox
4221 - 4234 of 4234 Posts