Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
8801 - 8820 of 8890 Posts

· Protector of the Den
15,329 Posts
A carryout hot turkey sandwich. Had side of potatoes and stuffing too. Gravy seemed strange. It tasted exactly like chicken noodle soup so I suspect it was made from thickened chicken noodle soup broth. Even found a few little bits of carrot in it.

· Registered
6,559 Posts
For dinner yesterday, I got boneless chicken wings/tenders from a local semi-chain. They have like 100 different flavors, and this time I chose Hottest of the Hot. I like hot stuff, and most stuff that advertises as hot isn't, but these were. They weren't as hot as this one other place I've been to and were prepared differently, but they were quite spicy. The sauce was thick and vinegar-y where the other place is a dry rub which I prefer.

· Registered
6,559 Posts
Two big slices of pizza from a place that offers slices. Other times I've gotten from them, it was later in the day, and I think the slices had been sitting for a while. Still good, but these were clearly newer and were really delicious. The pepperoni was really well done and had that curl up that I like. Delicious.

· Registered
5,296 Posts
Strawberry and Cream Cheese bread from Molokai Hot Bread. Extremely delicious and moreish, I could probably eat the whole thing in one go if I wasn't careful.

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Made us some 'stovetop beef and shells' tonight. Ground beef, onion, minced garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and a bit of spicy pepper flakes for kick, mixed with penne rigate -- the recipe calls for medium shell pasta but we didn't have any and it was really good with the penne.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go get some of the leftovers...

· Registered
1,659 Posts
a spoonful of peanut butter

· Registered
2,165 Posts
Packet of Lentil Curls, crisps type snacks or chips for our American population 🙂

· Registered
6,559 Posts
A Coke Froster (slushie) from Circle K plus a Bavarian pretzel from same. At my new place, I have a Circle K just around the corner.

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Korean hamburger rice, yum! Ground beef with minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, ground ginger, crushed hot pepper flakes, black pepper and jasmine rice. I only found this recipe last year but it's quickly become one of my favorites -- simple yet delicious.

· Super Moderator
10,240 Posts
The Costco chickens make frequent appearances at my house. There's another store nearby that also has rotisserie chickens but they're not as big and they are frequently sold out (and their website isn't accurate)
The Costco ones have always been especially and oddly cheap, and it persisted despite the pandemic and supply chain/inflation issues. $3 for one. No clue why though since they have to be losing money selling those. They're cheaper than a whole uncooked chicken. While the grocery stores have the rotisserie chickens for about $10.

Reactions: harrison

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
The Costco ones have always been especially and oddly cheap, and it persisted despite the pandemic and supply chain/inflation issues. $3 for one. No clue why though since they have to be losing money selling those. They're cheaper than a whole uncooked chicken. While the grocery stores have the rotisserie chickens for about $10.
They do it to get people in the store. They know if they get people in there, they'll probably buy more than a chicken. I would assume they make up what they lose by being shifty in other areas that wouldn't be noticed by customers. They're very shrewd in a way that doesn't really bother people.

I have noticed lately that their checkout people are not as on the ball as they used to be. And many of them will be sluggishly processing their customers while chatting with their friends (And even occasionally stopping and holding things for like half a minute while they laugh and talk). Probably because of the growing number of self-checkouts. Pretty sure it was a pretty sweet job (if you could get it) before self-checkout started taking off. They probably see the days of their jobs are numbered.

8801 - 8820 of 8890 Posts