Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
36601 - 36620 of 36656 Posts

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
I just always thought of it as the movie set in Roman times with Joaquin Phoenix. 😂

I'm glad I watched it. 🤭
It's another case where I'm annoyed that I got rid of like half of my DVDs years ago. I know I had that DVD because I remember always having to shuffle it around whenever I was trying to fit a new DVD into the shelf. I was annoyed by always moving it and never watching it so I got rid of it.

· Registered
9,091 Posts
Surge

View attachment 150872

8/10 this is a movie that in places I had to look away and wondered if I could carry on watching. The protagonist is someone who really struggles with all aspects of life. I won't say anymore incase anyone wants to watch it.

iPlayer has got some really top stuff at the moment; so glad I cancelled my Netflix.
This looks interesting. I should give that a watch one day.

Joe with Nicholas Cage

8.5/10

Had a couple of disturbing parts. I had never heard of the movie so I just instantly clicked on it on Tubi cause it sounded good. I like the ending, also.

· Registered
5,296 Posts
Bullet Train (2022) ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ✴ ✴
Decent enough action flick. Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Lemon was the highlight for me.

Sea Fever (2019) ⭐⭐⭐✴✴
Stronger first half than second. I had it at 4 stars up until then. Tense, pretty scary. But then it had a few baffling decisions and predictability at the end, which spoiled the gritty realism angle they were going for. Pretty good overall, though.

· Registered
5,296 Posts
Happy Death Day (2017) ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ✴
I'm a sucker for time loop movies, not sure how this one passed me by for so long. Very entertaining, nice little reference at the end too.

· Registered
2,165 Posts
The Book of Eli (2010) 6/10

I saw it when it was originally released and enjoyed it more on first viewing, not quite as much meat on the bones of the story on the 2nd watch.

Top Gun: Maverick (2022) 6/10

Decent brain under the seat follow up. One viewing more than enough though.

Anyone else think that there were a couple of visual nods to the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox in it?

· Registered
4 Posts
Decision to Leave. 9/10

Twist-y South Korean thriller about a detective who falls for his suspect. It's best not go into too much detail to avoid spoilers, but I highly recommend it. An incredibly tragic and romantic film. My favorite thing I've seen from this year.

· Super Moderator
38,945 Posts
Top Gun: Maverick (2022) 6/10

Decent brain under the seat follow up. One viewing more than enough though.

Anyone else think that there were a couple of visual nods to the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox in it?
I haven't seen Firefox in so long I can't remember too much about it.

Do you mean the similarity in Maverick stealing an enemy aircraft and escaping? If it was intentional, Rotten Tomaters was much kinder to Maverick than Firefox

· Registered
2,165 Posts
I haven't seen Firefox in so long I can't remember too much about it.

Do you mean the similarity in Maverick stealing an enemy aircraft and escaping? If it was intentional, Rotten Tomaters was much kinder to Maverick than Firefox
Bits of the plot but more visual nods really, the look of his gear/set up for the test pilot stuff at the beginning and one or two other shots/scenes later on. It's been many, many years since I've seen Firefox, of which I was a fan. But I was young when I'd watched it on TV a number of times.

Reactions: WillYouStopDave

· Registered
5,296 Posts
Bits of the plot but more visual nods really, the look of his gear/set up for the test pilot stuff at the beginning and one or two other shots/scenes later on. It's been many, many years since I've seen Firefox, of which I was a fan. But I was young when I'd watched it on TV a number of times.
Top Gun - Firefox edition?

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Reactions: Folded Edge

· Registered
2,165 Posts
Reactions: Orb
36601 - 36620 of 36656 Posts