Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
36201 - 36220 of 36243 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (The Producer's Cut) - I own this as part of the Blu-ray box set of the series but hadn't gotten around to watching it. This is an alternative cut of the sixth movie that I guess had scenes re-shot for the theatrical. It's quite different as far as the ending, really emphasizing a backstory for why Michael kills, something to do with an ancient Druid ritual. The way that Michael is stopped is kind of silly.

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
Weekend at Bernie's...lol

"They scatter when the lights are on". 🤣 Too funny.

Saw this for free on YouTube. Only saw very few parts of it when I was like 5 years old.
If it's still free on Youtube, Z for Zachariah is pretty good. It's a bit rough and implausible in spots but surprisingly good. Also, Fracture is on there. Never saw it until it was free on Youtube. Really good. It's got Anthony Hopkins and that goose guy in it (I forget his name).

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
If it's still free on Youtube, Z for Zachariah is pretty good. It's a bit rough and implausible in spots but surprisingly good. Also, Fracture is on there. Never saw it until it was free on Youtube. Really good. It's got Anthony Hopkins and that goose guy in it (I forget his name).
Lol Goose guy. Yea, I've heard of Fracture when it came out but never watched it. I'll give it a try and the other one. Z for Zachariah sounds interesting.

Romeo and Juliet with Leo Dicaprio. Better than what I've heard about it so I didn't have high expectations for it at first. I was going to give it a 6/10 like 25 minutes into the movie cause I couldn't get into the bizareness of it but it got better and better. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Maybe an 8/10.

·
Super Moderator
34,906 Posts
Romeo and Juliet with Leo Dicaprio. Better than what I've heard about it so I didn't have high expectations for it at first. I was going to give it a 6/10 like 25 minutes into the movie cause I couldn't get into the bizareness of it but it got better and better. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Maybe an 8/10.
I've been meaning to rewatch Titanic. Cameron pitched it to the bigwigs as "Romeo and Juliet on the Titanic" and whether or not that was achieved, it is still a damn good movie (especially if you're obsessed with the Titanic. And I have been since the moment I heard they found it in the 80s). And besides Kate Winslet is way hotter than Claire Danes. The only thing that's stupid in Titanic is the bodyguard guy trying to shoot them. I love David Warner but he wasn't necessary in that movie. As perfect a movie as there's ever been.

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
Dune (2021) 7.5/10

I thought it was pretty good, considering the style they're trying to approach with it.

I just remember the old one was just pretty cheesy, odd and weird, even having watched it as a kid on the classic movie channels.

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Fever Dream

·
😒🤡
7,126 Posts
I've been meaning to rewatch Titanic. Cameron pitched it to the bigwigs as "Romeo and Juliet on the Titanic" and whether or not that was achieved, it is still a damn good movie (especially if you're obsessed with the Titanic. And I have been since the moment I heard they found it in the 80s). And besides Kate Winslet is way hotter than Claire Danes. The only thing that's stupid in Titanic is the bodyguard guy trying to shoot them. I love David Warner but he wasn't necessary in that movie. As perfect a movie as there's ever been.
I've seen that movie several times that I don't need to watch it anymore but it's a good one. I was obsessed with that movie when I was younger. Haha. It's a long movie, too. Sometimes, longer movies are better.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Halloween Kills (theater) - Being a fan of this series, this really wasn't very good, inferior to the 2018 flick which also had its issues. It has a lot of ham-fisted, cringe-inducing moments and ideas, and some very poor editing within and between scenes. They have several of the secondary characters from the 1978 film come back (including Kyle Richards from "Real Housewives" who was a kid in the first movie), but those characters had like one second of interaction with Michael himself. Nevertheless, they're depicted as having been scarred for 40 years over the encounter, which is silly especially since this iteration neuters Michael's reign of terror down to just one night rather than coming back repeatedly like in the subsequent series. This movie tries in its ham-fisted way to talk about the victimhood mentality present in today's society, but it's all jumbled and unsatisfying.

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
Fear Street 1978.

6.5/10

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It's not a movie but my mother loves this show "Anne with an E" on Netflix. But I absolutely cannot stand it. The main character is this dumb kid who just talks and talks and talks and it never ends... I think she actually triggers my anxiety because I can't stand people like that. I frequently have the urge to yell at the screen and tell her to shut up.

But since my mom loves the show I can't say anything. I think tomorrow I'm going to turn on some metal or something to drown it out. 0/10.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
The Last Duel (theater) - I was surprised that this isn't half bad. It has a bunch of icky modern-style "#metoo"/anti-male/women-are-always-right bull****tery, but so did Promising Young Woman, and that didn't stop that movie from being good. This is pretty well paced which is a rarity in general and for Ridley Scott particularly, especially since it's a long movie. It has a salad of accents. It's set in France, yet the lead actress has a British accent, Matt Damon has an American accent, and Ben Affleck has some half-assed unspecified foreign thing mixed with American.

36201 - 36220 of 36243 Posts