Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
36121 - 36140 of 36163 Posts

·
bipolar
17,200 Posts
I was trying to watch Murder on the Orient Express - the version Kenneth Branagh made with about a million big movie stars.

You'd think with all that money and star-power they could make something that wasn't quite so embarassing.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Eaten Alive (1976) (Blu-ray, also known as Death Trap, Horror Hotel, Starlight Slaughter, and Legend of the Bayou). It's from Tobe Hooper, director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I'd never viewed this before, and it's not too good, not very memorable. The plot consists of a seemingly schizophrenic dude who runs a hotel in backwater Texas. Anybody who comes to his place, he pretty much slices with his scythe and feeds them to his crocodile.

·
Half agony, half hope.
2,788 Posts
Twilight, it's super corny but I still love it.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Shivers (also known as They Came From Within, The Parasite Murders, and Frissons) (Blu-ray) - This is David Cronenberg's first traditional-length theatrical feature. I'd never viewed it before. The idea is okay, but the plot is kind of clumsy and it never feels like it totally gets going. The lead actor gives a dreadful performance. It's about slug-like parasites that were created to turn people into zombie-like sex maniacs being turned loose on an apartment building in Canada.

Reactions: Orb

·
Super Moderator
8,450 Posts
Pig. 6/10

It's a decent movie, but just not worthy enough of a plot to be made a movie. It true underlying meaning of the movie seems rather lacking. It seems more fitting as a short film. Or an episode of an anthology series.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Black Widow in 3D (theater). It's not as bad as I was expecting, but is still a typical MCU paint-by-numbers affair. I was surprised to find Soviets as the bad guys considering Disney cuddles up to communist China.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
The Wolf of Snow Hollow (Blu-ray from Netflix mail) - This feels like it could have been a lot better. Nothing comes together at all. It's about a deputy sheriff (played by the director of the film) in a small town who tries to solve some werewolf murders. It's all over the place, tries to be vaguely funny but also dramatic, and doesn't sell any of it.

·
SAS Member
14,463 Posts
Willy's Wonderland. 5/10

I guess that's pretty much Five Nights at Freddy's the movie, starring Nicolas Cage. A silly film, but you can't deny that Cage is still a cool *** dude.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
The Virgin Spring (DVD from Netflix mail), an Ingmar Bergman film that was the basis for The Last House on the Left. A medieval Swedish farmer's daughter goes on horseback to a church, but on the way is raped and killed by some vagabonds. They find themselves back at the farmer's place later on, and you know what happens. It's pretty decent.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Aliens Extended Cut (1986) 8/10 (doing an Alien franchise watch-through).

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Pig (theater), the beaten-up Nicolas Cage truffle pig movie. It's okay, nothing really special. It's one of those movies where a character is depicted as being more clued-in than others, so everything he does is good, but they're all bad. Kind of annoying. It has a few cliched elements.

·
drifting in mist
680 Posts
Bicycle Thieves. 7/10 I had read such high opinions about it before watching that I felt kind of underwhelmed by it at the end. After a few days though it still sticks in the memory, and the beauty in it lingers even though it was a very sad film.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me on Blu-ray. Haven't watched it in four years. I have a complicated history with it since it was my first big disappointment movie when I was a kid and went to it on opening night. I really detested it at first, and subsequent viewings have moderated between more hate and being about 40% on it. I'd say I felt more positive towards it this time, though. It still has a ton of problems.

·
drifting in mist
680 Posts
I Dream in Another Language 9/10
A very sad, haunting and beautiful film. It's about the last two living speakers of a language, their estrangement, and a young linguist who tries to reunite them in order to record them speaking. Has hints of the supernatural but it's mostly a story about love and loneliness.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
The Green Knight - Didn't care too much for this. It has some good things going for it such as the cinematography (even though it's digital), and the music is okay although I would have preferred less of it. It also attempts to be bizarre at some points. However, it takes a simple tale and muddies the waters a bit too much. Dev Patel was pretty miscast, and he also doesn't bring much to the role; he's boring.

36121 - 36140 of 36163 Posts