Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
36121 - 36130 of 36130 Posts

·
bipolar
17,099 Posts
I was trying to watch Murder on the Orient Express - the version Kenneth Branagh made with about a million big movie stars.

You'd think with all that money and star-power they could make something that wasn't quite so embarassing.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Eaten Alive (1976) (Blu-ray, also known as Death Trap, Horror Hotel, Starlight Slaughter, and Legend of the Bayou). It's from Tobe Hooper, director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I'd never viewed this before, and it's not too good, not very memorable. The plot consists of a seemingly schizophrenic dude who runs a hotel in backwater Texas. Anybody who comes to his place, he pretty much slices with his scythe and feeds them to his crocodile.

·
Half agony, half hope.
2,757 Posts
Twilight, it's super corny but I still love it.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Shivers (also known as They Came From Within, The Parasite Murders, and Frissons) (Blu-ray) - This is David Cronenberg's first traditional-length theatrical feature. I'd never viewed it before. The idea is okay, but the plot is kind of clumsy and it never feels like it totally gets going. The lead actor gives a dreadful performance. It's about slug-like parasites that were created to turn people into zombie-like sex maniacs being turned loose on an apartment building in Canada.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
Pig. 6/10

It's a decent movie, but just not worthy enough of a plot to be made a movie. It true underlying meaning of the movie seems rather lacking. It seems more fitting as a short film. Or an episode of an anthology series.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Black Widow in 3D (theater). It's not as bad as I was expecting, but is still a typical MCU paint-by-numbers affair. I was surprised to find Soviets as the bad guys considering Disney cuddles up to communist China.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
The Wolf of Snow Hollow (Blu-ray from Netflix mail) - This feels like it could have been a lot better. Nothing comes together at all. It's about a deputy sheriff (played by the director of the film) in a small town who tries to solve some werewolf murders. It's all over the place, tries to be vaguely funny but also dramatic, and doesn't sell any of it.

36121 - 36130 of 36130 Posts