Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
36061 - 36080 of 36130 Posts

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
King Kong (1933). I hadn't watched it since the remake was out. I was surprised by how violent it was for its day. A ton of people are killed, several shown being chomped or stomped on by Kong, and a whole group just falls down into a pit and is killed that way.

·
We all wear a mask.
1,819 Posts
Justice League Snyder Cut 6/10. While way better than the theatrical version, watching the Snyder cut made me realize just how much I don't enjoy the mindlessness of Superhero films.

·
SAS Member
14,449 Posts
The Hunger(1983) 8/10

Young Susan Sarandon, Catherine Deneuve and David Bowie...can't complain about the cast. The story was good and sad. That was a good vamp movie i had never heard of before.

·
SAS Member
14,449 Posts
The Oak Room 2020 - 8/10

A really good little film. Not much is really going on through the whole thing, but its top notch storytelling. I wish it had been more violent a bit with a better ending. I guess that was part of the story though.

·
Guide - Politics Section
353 Posts
The Big Lebowski

I watched 'The Big L' for the hundredth or so time yesterday. Easily a ten out of ten masterpiece. The film turns on a series of misunderstandings created by the ambiguity of language, leading the protagonist into a misadventure to reclaim ransom money that he was entrusted with. The Dude (Jeff Bridges) is without question one of the most iconic characters in film history.

Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino felt awkward throughout, from the acceptance of casual racism to the stereotypical portrayal of ethnic minorities and working-class people. The acting wasn't great and the film could easily have been a parody of itself. It would be generous to give it anything out of ten.

·
SAS Member
14,449 Posts
The Night Flier - 9/10

Such a good film.

Nobody 6/10

Just a John Wick wannabe sadly. It has some good scenes in it but the fight scenes are far from being as technical as Wick. But seeing Christopher Lloyd as a badass was so good. Id give it 9/10 just for the scenes he was in.

We need a Hobo with a shotgun 2 with him in it as the new hobo.

·
😒🤡
6,595 Posts
The Night Flier - 9/10

Such a good film.

Nobody 6/10

Just a John Wick wannabe sadly. It has some good scenes in it but the fight scenes are far from being as technical as Wick. But seeing Christopher Lloyd as a badass was so good. Id give it 9/10 just for the scenes he was in.

We need a Hobo with a shotgun 2 with him in it as the new hobo.
Aww man. I kind of wanted to see Nobody but after seeing the trailer I wasnt sure. It doesnt look horrible but not sure if I should watch it.

·
Dog in the sun.
455 Posts
Nobody. I was on Bob's side until the bus fight, a fight that was fun. Then the bad guy enters the movie and the action goes really over the top and it becomes an awful movie. There are already three John Wick ones, only the first of which is watchable. Do we really need more of this crap?

The Nice Guys. Absolutely hilarious. Will watch several times.

·
Banned
77 Posts
A friend told me about a movie called Demolition Man. It was quite a while ago that he told me.
Honestly, the timing was perfect to watch this movie.

Most of it is based on the fictionary year 2032. In that era, they didn't plan smartphones to ever be a thing. People who curse get a fine in a paper form. Physical touch is disapproved as with any force. People can't smoke, drink and use salt for example. There is a leader who seems like he would be the savior, but he is not. There would be people living in the sewers, the ones who know what is going on and are living in their shelter. So many things reminescent of what is going on these days. -- The movie is mostly based off highly dangerous man and an officer desperately trying to catch him. Anyway, I thought it was intriguing to see a 1993 movie, depicting what the year 2032 would be. It was quite nice. lol

8.5/10

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Au Hasard Balthazar on DVD from Netflix mail. I'd actually never heard of this until recently. I'm not familiar with Robert Bresson's films. I liked the idea of this. It's about a donkey that is passed around among a group of rural French people over the course of years and is present for all their struggles and is mistreated usually. The core meaning is good, but the stories of the characters aren't related in a very clear way as far as the different issues they find themselves in.

·
alien monk
8,616 Posts
vanquish. 3.5/10. the action was so-so. the story was so-so. Morgan Freeman was so-so.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Godzilla vs. Kong in 3D in the theater. This is a fun movie, definitely the best of the four WB Monsterverse flicks. It doesn't take itself too seriously, unlike Godzilla: King of the Monsters which had constant heavy-handed dialogue about "balance" or some crap. This one has knowingly silly sci-fi concepts (like any Godzilla movie) but really just comes down to a giant gorilla and lizard beating on each other (plus a special guest). Kong steals the show.

·
Dog in the sun.
455 Posts
Trainwreck. I hyped it out a bit too much in my head, but it was fun. The short stand-up bits I've seen from Amy Schumer are funnier, maybe. Bill Hader is alright to play the nice guy, but I prefer his more unconventional characters so I was thinking that in his scenes.

36061 - 36080 of 36130 Posts