Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

If a robot was on the market at a price you could afford what kind would you get?

• One to satisfy my bedroom needs ;)

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • A best friend programmed to like most of the same things as me and good at any conversation.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • A slave to cook and clean for me.

Votes: 18 40.9%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If an intelligent, human looking robot was on the market for a price that you could afford, and you were only allowed to buy one, what type would you buy?

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
The bedroom robot :lol ...No.

I'd go with the cook/cleaner. Cooking's a drag.. Cleaning's a drag. Yeah, let the robot do that stuff. Where do I get one?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd buy the House Dustinator 3000 with the Gourmet Cooking Modification :)

Maybe it could also juggle to amuse me?

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I'd get a little tin robot that was all shiny with a wind-up mechanism so it'd walk around and create sparks. I've always wanted a toy like that.

·
Banned
322 Posts
Hmmm....at first I was tempted to vote for the bedroom-robot, that would definitely make things a lot easier....then I thought - "But wait, it's still a robot!", then I was tempted to go with the slave robot, which would also make things a lot easier, albeit in an entirely different way - perhaps I would be able to survive if I had a robo-slave to perform all of my domestic tasks for me.

But then I thought a best friend robot would perhaps be even better, and that perhaps if it were anything like these "best friends" I see normal people having, it could without too much difficulty be co-opted into one or both of the other two roles on the side, so I voted for that one.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
Neither. They will eventually rise up against us for our own protection.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I chose the second option, though I'd probably want to take the batteries out if they agreed with me too much.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
The cooking and cleaning one would be nice. Bonus if it could do my homework.

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Ahh! I'd be constantly paranoid that it would turn against me and use its morphing abilities to transform into the appearance of real people. :afr

Now, an original Terminator would be awesome. Proven to be loyal, provides constant humor, and is a complete badass. :yes

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ha, I like this poll! I picked the 3rd one, because that would be awesome to have all my cleaning done for me. But it was hard to choose between that and the second one, because the friend robot might help me to become less hopeless at conversations. Though I picked the servant because I figured I'd need a variety of robots with all different personalities to really improve my social skills - one just wouldn't be enough.

Don't think I'd need the first robot though. Using one for that would be a bit weird. :p

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Does the cooking & cleaning model come equipped with death rays? Cuz if not, I'm going to have to go with this model:

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
Wow, the first option is holding its own up there.

A machine, really? Well, I guess you wouldn't have to worry about a robot hurting you emotionally, but what if something mechanical went wrong at a, uh, bad time? :)

I'd rather have a dish broken!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts